Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3DCharlie Portfolio

Hey guys just wondering what you think of my work on my site, critiques would be great.

THX

Portfolio

Replies

• biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    I'd say take the speed modeling section out for sure.

As for the rest, it seems like their is a lack of focus. You have concept art, GUI, and 3d models which could very well be broken down into characters or environment art. From what ive seen the best stuff their is the GUI but im not sure what you want your focus to be.

To be brutally honest the rest of the stuff, especially the character models scream school work. I think you should pick a focus and really work towards getting that to look good.

Hope that's not too rough, keep on working!
  • 3DCharlie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your help man. Really appreciate it.
  • 3DCharlie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated it now, is this better now, there isn't any new work, I have taken a bunch of useless stuff and reorganised it a bit better, thanks again for your help
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The front page seems a bit barren. I'd expand the banners to each fill the screen horizontally then stack them vertically.

The title banner is also minimalist; at the very least you should add your contact information.

f you are looking for a job, you should add a resume page.

You should sort your images in a logical order - either chronologically with the most recent first, or by quality. Your first image in the character page seems far from your best work.