Home Unreal Engine

The view in editor and the view in game are different?

I'm trying to create a perspective illusion of a typography in UDK using a light function.
I noticed that when I through a camera that is place at the light source, the projected typography looks perfect in UDK Editor.
However, when looking from the same spot in game. The typography is not properly aligned.
I don't know if the problem comes from the FOV or zoom values or anything. Is there a way to fix this?

Here are the pictures of the problem.

In Editor:
viewporteditor.jpg

In Game:
viewportingame.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Change the gametype in the world properties to something else. The player type used by some of the gametypes has a lower fov. You can also type 'fov 90' in the console in game, or put that into Kismet so it auto runs it.
  • newperspective
    Thanks for the answer.
    I tried changing the FOV to 90. The in-game view did become wider but the alignment of the projected typography is still the same (like in the second picture). Any idea why?
  • Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So it is a spotlight that points towards that corner, with a texture that says Help Me in a light function? It is hard to say what happens without more info and pics. Sounds like it should be fine.
    You sure you got the same fov, and same angle and position as in the editor?
    Try to play with the UT gametypes, to be sure.
  • newperspective
    It is a light like you said.
    You're right, the projected texture looks fine in UT gametypes.
    Could you tell me how to get the same FOV as in those gametypes?
  • Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you lookfor SimplePawn.uc in the UDK folder, and open it in notepad, at the bottom you see defaultproperties. If you compare the values there to the same properties of UTPawn.uc you should see where the difference is coming from. If you change this in Simplepawn.uc, save, start editor, press Yes when it asks to compile again, it should presumably work.
    Also note Simplepawn at the top somewhere has:
    // Override camera FOV for first person castle player
    out_FOV = 65.0;

You won't be able to send this to anyone else though, without also sending the U file along, thus modifying their install.
    Proper way would be to make your own gametype and pawn, or you may also succeed with the Kismet Modify Property action to change these values at run time.

Or you could simply use UT, and remove the weapon and HUD? Easier probably. YOu got kismet nodes that can clear inventory, and hide HUD.
  • newperspective
    I have configured my custom pawn and now it works!
    Thanks a lot!