Home Unreal Engine

Mesh is too "Shiny"

Hey guys i have an annoying problem that i hope to get some insight to. On my landscape i created i need to have the dominate directional light brightness at 65 for it to be lit enough, When i get my meshes in there they are too shiny. I built the lighting and it did not fix anything, there is no material on it. Any thoughts?

Shineyproblem_zps12b67f5e.jpg

Replies

• HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    o.O umm 65 light brightness is the problem my friend, its too bright. Also remove textures on your landscape and you will see whiteout on it too. Reason is you have no texture on your meshes but on Landscape only, the way UDK lightmass works is by absorbing light into textures etc (color bleed)

Sry if you dont understand my english, replying from office in a rush :D
  • ASGUARDVIKING
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the information HAWK!

If i dim the light the landscape gets to dark so im not to sure what to do for it there. Ill try and add my texture to the mesh and see if that takes care of the problem.
  • Jacky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacky polycounter lvl 6
    If the landscape is getting too dark then you should take another look at your material. 65 is way too bright so it'll be difficult to arrange the rest of your map for that amount of light just because of the landscape.
  • ASGUARDVIKING
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot guys the map texture was too dark. very wired i followed Wenda's tutorial and anyhoo i made it a lot lighter and its all good at 8 brightness.

Thanks again guys!
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    For future reference, without any tone mapping or post processing, light with intensity of 1 means full bright ;)