Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Internship Portfolio Critique

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Fang polycounter lvl 7
I thought I'd kick myself in the arse and ask for some critique on my portfolio. What better way then getting smacked in the face by the infamous Polycount honesty? :poly122:I'm about to graduate from uni, I want to apply for internship positions. Environment art is definitely my passion but I don't think my work distinguishes itself as such yet.

MY PORTFOLIO HERE
Do you think I could land an internship with this portfolio?

Also if you have any other advice about applying for internships or the portfolio I'd appreciate it very much.

Replies

• Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    One thing I noticed is the top icons you have for your previews, for your projects seem to take up the whole main page. I kept clicking on the links for your projects, not knowing they were loading below. Its definitely an interesting idea, but I was getting lost in the fact that I thought it was some bug, and your buttons were not working.

I would also, since your work is sporadic in departments (such as characters, some HP, environments), I would pick a few of your best pieces, and just lay them out. Currently it seems you are just packing your port with pieces that you have and that you like, instead of showing your best because you are afraid that you do not have enough work to seem "professional". Goodluck with your opportunities! Get back to us on your progress and keep updating!
  • Bolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another thing to keep in mind is legibility. A dark grey or black font on a slightly darker background is nearly impossible to read, so might not be read at all.

Since environment art is your passion, you could implement an image system similar to what your other pieces currently have. This way renders and wireframes of your environment can be viewed instantly without having to scroll through your entire blog.

And personally I think writing "Thank you for your time" at the top of your portfolio is redundant. It's more something you'd say in a cover letter when applying to a company.

Good luck applying!