Home Dota 2

Wud's Workshop

Hey guys, my buddy plays a considerable amount of DOTA 2 and I'm bored of sitting around doing jack. He mentioned he'd love a 15th century armour set for omniknight so I thought I'd give it a go.

This would be my first go at doing something for the workshop and I need some more recent stuff for my portfolio, so I'm eager to get it done.

Anyway here's my rough concept, or at least an initial concept.

Qjw57JG.png

I know it needs a few tweaks here and there, but I wanted to get some crits sooner rather than later. My main concern is with it fitting in with the omniknight/DOTA 2 aesthetic. I want to make sure he looks holy but still true to the initial idea.

Well what do people think? Comments and crits are appreciated in advance!!

Replies

• Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    I like the idea. Concept looks really nice and solid, although maybe there is something that can be added
    - holy book connected to his belt on one side to break the symmetry
    - order seal on his breastplate or shoulder pad
    - yellow elements on helm or helm vizier to maintain yellow color of his head from top view
    -weapon handle could be simplified, i am a bit worried that this detail will be lost on small texture, or just not visible from distance
    Anyway good luck with your design :)
  • sandalwud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers dude.
    Yeah I'd thought of some sort of book to try and bring back more of the holy feel. I'm guessing that'd go in the misc slot right? All good points which I'll try and work into the design.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback!!