Home Unreal Engine

Dominant Light with Sky-dome issues

Hey PC, I need some help...

For some reason whenever I bring a sky-dome mesh into my level and build lighting my shadows become so black that you can't see anything that isn't in direct light. I'm using the Feb 13 build of UDK

Without Sky-dome
Capture3.jpg
With Sky-dome & build
Capture2.jpg
Capture1.jpg
Ive tried production lighting and I've tried rebuilding just the lights. I can't think of what else could be causing this to happen, maybe I'm overlooking something but I've made sky-boxes before and never had this issue. Please anyone with some advice?

Thanks!

Replies

• shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    Maybe try toggling the boolean check box beside accept lights (only if ur material is emissive), and cast shadows? In the properties of the skybox.

And the pure black shadows can be adjusted in World Properties > Lightmass > Environment colour - set it to anything but black. Typically a blueish hue.

Hope these work for you!
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for getting back so fast! Your suggestions were already checked however I figured it out! I unchecked precomputed shadows on the skybox... it was because I was stupid and used a static mesh instead of an interp actor so its shadows were causing the error. Thanks again for taking the time! I'm changing my shadow colour too helped out quite a bit as well:poly121: