Home Dota 2

Bears are majestic and so are my items

razor_wip_1.jpg

This is the helmet for a Razor set i'm working on.

I've recently started using Zbrush instead of Cinema 4Ds sculpting tools so i'm still getting used to it. But i'd love to hear some feedback on the stylisation and maybe get some zbrush beginners tips while i'm still working on this.

Replies

• Mhykiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice so far I think razor would look so mean sporting it
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    One big no no is using the red wax material, lots of modelers here have said that it deceives depth information (among other technical things that go over my head).
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    One big no no is using the red wax material, lots of modelers here have said that it deceives depth information (among other technical things that go over my head).

:thumbup: red mat cap straight up lies to you about depth information, try something like mat cap grey instead. And the title of this thread is a little on the pretentious side :thumbdown:
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Red wax is gross.

You are operating at very high divisions too quickly and you are losing control of your edges. Tone it down and get those in check.

Is there a concept associated with the piece?
  • FlashL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool idea, but I'd personally be attacking this differently. Because Razor (or his head at least) is primarily a hard surface, I would be modelling it before going straight into sculpting. You can control the surface much much easier (in my opinion anyways) by doing so, then use Z-Brush to add detail like scratches or etchings.

I want to see this finished! ( :