Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Koro's :: Leona's Nemesis :: inspired chara WIP

Hello, all, as I have recently just joined the member ranks of Polycount, I wanted to jump right in and post a new work I am currently sculpting out!

I will be continuing to post updates to this model, a personal project that is inspired by Kurt Papstein (KPTooon/Ikameka's) Leona - Space Girl model.

First, I worked out a frontal design in which I did a few concept iterative designs to work out the idea and look Development..

leona-nemesis-012313-wip_sml.jpg

After working a few image details out, I thought to pick one out of the line up that I thought was readable and start building the gesture of the body up from ZSpheres. Slowly making a comparison so that I can block out the body.

leona-nemesis-gesture-wip-med.jpg

After getting the Body blocked out, working from low subdiv to higher, flipping up and down levels while building shapes, I derive the body I want to work with and use extraction for the under suit. About this point, I have my main body copied as a subtool in Dynamesh, so that if needed, I can work out more details before I retopo and project.

Leona%27s_nemesis_test-wip9-comp.jpg

And right up to now, I am still working out extracted/dynameshed/panelLooped pieces of the body armor and straps that will extend over the shoulders.. Some details from the original 2D image are undergoing some small changes, as it always works a little different when you really build it out, turn it, and look at it..

Leona%27s_nemesis_2D-bpr_compare.jpg

Crits and Comments are welcome!

Replies

• krisCrash
    Offline / Send Message
    krisCrash polycounter lvl 9
    I love her flat face and funky shoes. Have you tried bulking up the middle leg part, I guess it's her shin+knee and ankle - it looks like it wouldn't support her weight. I like how they aren't just normal "animal" ankles though! The helmet tails are a good idea, they'll add a lot to animation I bet.
  • Tonikoro
    KrisCrash

Thanks for the Crit!
    I think I am going to revisit the legs once I get more of the smaller parts and accessories done, this calls for a few IMM parts, I am thinking. Once I have time to get some of the retopology done I'll get some some proportional fixes, and I want to work final details to surface and texture out with a few original alpha parts. As of present, I am thinking for fun I may work out her Parabellum Pistol/Rifle. I have been waiting to work on that. For the most part, there are new features in ZB4 R5, XNormal, nDo, dDo, that I want to try out and learn as I go!

The ponytails I need to bone up some study for, as I am not sure Fibermesh will cut it when I export to Maya where I will be heading to after sculpts are done..
  • Tonikoro
    A few more parts done, for the straps and the back plates..

Leona%27s_nemesis_BPR-wip16d.jpg

Leona%27s_nemesis_BPR_wip_16e_back.jpg
  • weisheng
    Offline / Send Message
    weisheng polycounter lvl 9
    hey koro, u were a huge inspiration to me starting out when u posted on eatpoo, i'm super glad to see you here still doing awesome stuff ^^ so far this is looking pretty good; subscribed !
  • Tonikoro
    Wow! The EP days, now that is really going back! Big Thanks!
    I really enjoyed drawing back then, and so many changes to the way that I work have happened, it makes those old times feel like another life time ago! Cheers!