Home Artists Looking For Work

3D Environment Artist for Unreal Game

Hi there,

I’m looking for talented 3D Artists to work with us on a RTS genre game developed using the Unreal Engine. We have close to 300 models to create ranging from small rocks and shrubs to full buildings. You would work with the concept artist, lead artist and project manager and lead writer to bring fantastic 3D environments to life. I believe that everyone should have a say in the design process. From an entry level artist to a 10 year veteran project manager, ideas are ideas no matter where they come from. If it will make our games more fun, I want to hear them. So any member of the team is encouraged to provide feedback regarding any aspect of the game.

We are making an RTS style game and require low poly models ( 10 - 2500 tris depending on scale and complexity ) Text Descriptions of environments and concept shot will be provided.

Responsibilities
· Finding or creating reference images
· You will be responsible for modeling and texturing in-game environmental assets
· You will be responsible scaling asset poly counts depending on the relevance of the object
· You will follow the model all the way from concept to implementation within the Unreal Engine
· You will be responsible for the model all the way to the finished game

Required skills and experience:
· Working knowledge of at least one major 3D-package (i.e 3DSMAX, Maya, MODO)
· Adobe Photoshop
· Ability to model, texture, shade and light environmental assets
· Excellent skill at producing high-quality textures
· Basic understanding of architecture / construction
· Experience with RTS game development is an asset

Interested people should email me directly at justin.dooley@hotmail.com with a link to their online portfolio or include example work. Please include "3D Environmental Artists‏" (no quotes)as your subject line. Other subjects will not be sorted to the correct folders.

Replies