Home Technical Talk

How Can I Export Alphas From Layers in Zbrush?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Dibbz polycounter lvl 4
I've got a tool setup with multiple layers but I'm having trouble getting a clean alpha out for each individual layer.

I have a flat plane setup as the top layer and am trying to grab an alpha for each layer below it. Only problem is I'm getting a gradient for the flat plane rather than a flat black.

The plane is completely flat on all sides but for some reason it keeps producing a gradient. Any way around this?

This is what my layers look like. You can see the tool as well, which has a flat plane with lines over it. The untitled layer is the flat plane.

zbrush_alpha_prob2wkuex.jpg

This is the alpha I'm getting using the grab doc function in the alpha panel. It's the same if I use MRGBZGrabber. Even create displcement is giving me the same problem.

zbrush_alpha_prob1xups.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    The plane may be flat, but is it flat on the document (it can be trickier to tell with perspective off, but even the slightest rotation could contribute a gradient across the surface).

That's all I can think of, as a quick test with layers on a plane didn't produce this result for me. How does a BPR depth pass turn out?