Home Technical Talk

Swapping out 1st devision with new geometry w/ Gozto fix a problem, problem

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
I realised my characters hands ended up shrinking when I was altering the basemesh. (Relaxing without unselecting the hands.)

So I figured using Goz will fix the problem.
1st subdevision transfer to 3dsmax
cut hands off my other model
replace on my current model
Goz back to 3dsmax

But instead of replacing the lowest subdevision it creates a new tool in Zbrush.

Is there a way to either get it to replace the first subdevision, or a way to make this happen within zbrush. Or to put the higher sub levels on this new mesh?

Replies

• Z3NZY
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
    I'm trying to project it using project all, but it's just messy. At this rate I might just have to try and change it little by little :/
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Did the other model have the same edgeflow? If so it might be easier to goz the shrunken-hand version to your external program, shrinkwrap them back to the original size, then goz it back (as opposed to doing any operations that would change the vertex order)
  • Z3NZY
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
    cryrid wrote: »
    Did the other model have the same edgeflow? If so it might be easier to goz the shrunken-hand version to your external program, shrinkwrap them back to the original size, then goz it back (as opposed to doing any operations that would change the vertex order)

They were exactly the same, just the shape was different.
    Yh, that sounds like a decent idea. In the end though I just went to the first subD and moved all the parts out.

Thanks for the help.