Home Unity

lightmapping problemes

Hi,Everyone
I met a problemes about lightmapping ,In the room ,I only give a point light .see blow pictures .

Replies

• Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    Your set-up is very, very wrong. From the look of it, the point light is way above the room. Go to lightmapping, maps, clear maps. time to start again.

Move the point light to inside the room and add a cube for a roof - IMPORTANT - make sure the cube is the colour you want the roof to be, usually the same as the walls.

Change the point light to include soft shadows shadows, either in the point light inspector, or the lightmapping point light inspector (Lightmapping - Object).

Change the intensity to something lower than what it is - Beast bounces light very well, but it means that the scene will be brightened every bounce that occurs. For a small room you may want to set it to something like 0.5 at max. Change the range so that an apple-sized gray (not white) sphere responds the way you want/imaging to direct light only in real-time.

Set ambient light in render settings to what you want the darkest corners of the darkest edges to be, should have an intensity of generally no more than 16/256.

Bounce boost will make the bounced light loose less energy each bounce so if you want the third or fourth bounces to be stronger, up this. Bounce intensity makes all indirect light stronger uniformly, so if your shadows are too dark, increase this by 1 and lower your point light intensity by 0.1 (repeat of necessary).

Change the bounces to 2, rays to 200, resolution to 16 and padding to 2, AO to 0.4-0.6 and AO distance to something sorta low (try 0.75, 1.25 and 2 for something like this - pick your fav, don't worry about it too much).

Bake that, it should be done fairly fast.

Post results!
  • c4cn013
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan wrote: »
    Your set-up is very, very wrong. From the look of it, the point light is way above the room. Go to lightmapping, maps, clear maps. time to start again.

Move the point light to inside the room and add a cube for a roof - IMPORTANT - make sure the cube is the colour you want the roof to be, usually the same as the walls.

Change the point light to include soft shadows shadows, either in the point light inspector, or the lightmapping point light inspector (Lightmapping - Object).

Change the intensity to something lower than what it is - Beast bounces light very well, but it means that the scene will be brightened every bounce that occurs. For a small room you may want to set it to something like 0.5 at max. Change the range so that an apple-sized gray (not white) sphere responds the way you want/imaging to direct light only in real-time.

Set ambient light in render settings to what you want the darkest corners of the darkest edges to be, should have an intensity of generally no more than 16/256.

Bounce boost will make the bounced light loose less energy each bounce so if you want the third or fourth bounces to be stronger, up this. Bounce intensity makes all indirect light stronger uniformly, so if your shadows are too dark, increase this by 1 and lower your point light intensity by 0.1 (repeat of necessary).

Change the bounces to 2, rays to 200, resolution to 16 and padding to 2, AO to 0.4-0.6 and AO distance to something sorta low (try 0.75, 1.25 and 2 for something like this - pick your fav, don't worry about it too much).

Bake that, it should be done fairly fast.

Post results!

thank you !
    I set up fellow you mentioned ,See blew ,And Hope you can give me more feedback.
  • c4cn013
  • c4cn013
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright that's looking much better. One thing with the lightmapping that's always good to play with is AO strength and distance. Increase the distance and it might smooth out the dark corners of the walls. This may darken the scene a bit, so lower intensity a touch if you up the distance.

Some housekeeping-style things to look at would be to model the underside of the blanket (you can sorta see through the bottom of it) or change to a double-sided material. Also add a skybox; if nothing else it'll make the window look a bit better.

It looks like you're using Pro, so for the camera shots, try adding some image effects;

Bloom (low intensity, set the minimum level to just pick the brightest bits, and increase the blur spread and blur iterations). If you're using HDR and you're getting something too bright, add in the tonemapping image effect here after bloom - Photographic works well enough, just change exposure to suit).

SSAO; you've already baked in AO and ambient light, so you can turn the intensity down to 1 (actually SSAO is probably optional at this point). Remember you shouldn't be able to see the SSAO, but you should immediately notice something horribly wrong when you turn it off; that's the best way to judge the SSAO settings.

Anti-aliasing - if you're using HDR in deffered, use AA as post image effect, try out the various FXAA options, and then check out the DLAA option. If you're using forward (don't need HDR) use >4xMSAA in the edit>project>quality settings.

Noise/Grain, vignetting, chromatic abberation, if you want can be added. A slight fisheye (0.02-0.05) can help make it look a bit less digital, and if you're moving around then a tiny tiny amount of motion blur can be added right at the end.
  • c4cn013
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan wrote: »
    Alright that's looking much better. One thing with the lightmapping that's always good to play with is AO strength and distance. Increase the distance and it might smooth out the dark corners of the walls. This may darken the scene a bit, so lower intensity a touch if you up the distance.

Some housekeeping-style things to look at would be to model the underside of the blanket (you can sorta see through the bottom of it) or change to a double-sided material. Also add a skybox; if nothing else it'll make the window look a bit better.

It looks like you're using Pro, so for the camera shots, try adding some image effects;

Bloom (low intensity, set the minimum level to just pick the brightest bits, and increase the blur spread and blur iterations). If you're using HDR and you're getting something too bright, add in the tonemapping image effect here after bloom - Photographic works well enough, just change exposure to suit).

SSAO; you've already baked in AO and ambient light, so you can turn the intensity down to 1 (actually SSAO is probably optional at this point). Remember you shouldn't be able to see the SSAO, but you should immediately notice something horribly wrong when you turn it off; that's the best way to judge the SSAO settings.

Anti-aliasing - if you're using HDR in deffered, use AA as post image effect, try out the various FXAA options, and then check out the DLAA option. If you're using forward (don't need HDR) use >4xMSAA in the edit>project>quality settings.

Noise/Grain, vignetting, chromatic abberation, if you want can be added. A slight fisheye (0.02-0.05) can help make it look a bit less digital, and if you're moving around then a tiny tiny amount of motion blur can be added right at the end.

thank you for your feed back about SSAO、anti-aliasing、nosiz、bloom.
    Except this . I build a bid house ,Want to test how to bring unity to house
    [URL="app:ds:virtual"]virtual[/URL] [URL="app:ds:reality"]reality[/URL].So I f you are free hope you can anyone can give more suggestiones.Thanks
  • c4cn013
  • c4cn013
  • c4cn013
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Test 2 ,Build more lights.8qMlPSK.jpg
  • c4cn013
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Probably some of the problems are caused because the large room has 2 smallish windows and a balcony facing away from the sun. First thing I'd do regardless is crank up the sky light intensity and the 'sun' light intensity.

The sun should be a bit brighter; consider most programs vaguely calibrate light so that a directional light with an intensity of 1 will be the same as pure white, mid-day sun directly above. Since it looks like you want shadows at about 45 degrees, angle the directional light in the scene to give the right shadow size/shape, and the intensity could be about 0.6 or so, maybe very slightly tinted yellowish-orange (like a mango). Sky light intensity can go to about 0.3 or 0.4, and maybe make it a little less blue - this will get you nice lighting from all directions, so the blinds in the bottom left should look better,

The point lights in the rooms don't look like they're placed where they would be in real life, especially the room in the top-left of the latest image. t might be worth increasing the radius so every part of the room is lit by the light directly.

Resolution you can increase a bit, I wouldn't go any lower than 10 even when testing, and set padding to 2.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In Unity, at least with the built-in shaders, all light values are multiplied by 2.

So a light with intensity 0.5 is actually a light with intensity 1.

I'm guessing this carries over to the lightmaps so that it's consistent.
  • c4cn013
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank all of you feedback .
    It is haed to achieve my preconceived perfect effect that like MAYA(max) GI system .
    Now ,I set Wall material to self -Illumin type .Then ,Bake. I t is seems like a lillte GI effect .But Image is too flat ,Lack 3D effect . If can give it more AO .I think It will be good.
    5KfXzPL.jpg
  • c4cn013
  • c4cn013
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Unity is good at open region ,not good at closed region. I made a oil deposit scene,
    I am easy to hanle the lighting. see belowbKNegZc.jpg
  • c4cn013