Home Dota 2

Helenek - DOTA 2 Thread

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    In between the ward treasure chest and New Bloom I worked on new custom remnant animations for Blitz. We really wanted to do something special with him, and seeing how there was going to be a sword involved in the set, I figured, is there a way to get that working in some custom animations. It wasn't easy, and required some really hacky methods.

I basically needed to find a bone that had no animation, or had something that could work with the sword. So, to solve my problem I used the front flap bone to achieve what I wanted since it wasnt being used in the set.
    stormRig_sword.gif

The end result allowed me to get some really cool poses for the remnants.
    blitzSword_remnant_01.gif

blitzSword_remnant_02.gif

blitzSword_remnant_03.gif

blitzSword_remnant_04.gif

blitzSword_remnant_05.gif
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Finally, the big shaabam, what a god damn project this was, easily my largest project ever! We assembled a great team of new and old for this project, one person actually never even worked on anything for the workshop before. Was very happy we could have such a varied roster, and exceptionally proud of what we were able to accomplish in the very short four weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBGXzNLhEyuxzBRK2OthbA/videos

Last year we put together the three virtues bundle, and this year we wanted to make sure we could top ourselves. We wanted to go bigger then we've ever went before. Make this it's own event.

I'll start off with the video, while I only touched very little of the SFM, I did the work on post production of the video, color grading, making sure the dialog lined up, narration, etc. Overall, compared to last year, this new video blows it out of the water my a mile, and Im super impressed with Drew Carrymore and what he pumped out in such a short time. Super Kudos to him!

For the website, I provideed the webms for the website, being an animator, I love to see things moving, and one of the things I wanted to make sure we could do was making sure we could have some animated characters on the website.

But, on to the goodies, what I contributed. I'll start off with the ward.

This was the fastest ward I think I ever worked on. I started on it only eight hours before the deadline. And I can't believe I got it finished in time.
    Now for the treants, my favorite thing in the bundle! Seeing something as unique as this was awesome, it's not just the same old boring treants we've seen in the past. Irt's something fresh, and it was a blast to animate. Honestly, I would love to animate another ram in the future.

The last thing, the warlock golem! Super excited to finally get around to aniamting one of these awesome mothafuckas.

At the end of the day, I can't believe we actually acomplished something on this scale. I couldn't be prouder of Team Lotus for giving it their all to get it finished in time! It was an absolute honor to work along side of them.

In the last few days, Both me and Sirio didn't get any sleep for several days back to back, we lost complete track of time, and couldn't feel our bodies. As pseudo put it, we probably lost a year of our life thanks to this project, but through the blood, sweat and tears, this is one project I will never forget. It was worth it all in the end. Thanks for stopping by, I'll probably have another massive drop in a few months. Cheers!
    thisiswhereIgetoff.gif
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    At the first glance I thought the website was made by valve. 0.o
    You guys should work for volvo...and stop their crazy immortals - that are very controversial.

Good job!