ESCAPE - Pirate Prison - Criss-Cross Applesauce

JackBauer
null
Team Criss-Cross Applesauce:
David - 3D Environment Artist
Kyle - 3D Environment Artist
Mike - 3D Environment Artist
Andrew - 3D Environment Artist

4 of us are working on a pirate prison escape, based off of Pirates of the Caribbean, when Jack Sparrow escapes from the prison at the beginning of the second movie. It will have it's similarities to the movie, but we will be taking a different angle on it.

It will be set during early dawn, with a thick fog rolling in from the horizon. There will be a pirate ship floating outside of the prison and there will be a battle between the guards and the pirate ship. We will have a universal shot of the scene, and our 2 beauty shots will be from the ship looking towards the prison tower, and from the prison cell tower looking towards the ship.

Concept art pending.

Replies

• killazzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Our basic Reference boards for the three portions of the overall scene, seeing as how none of us are really great at concepting, we are mainly sourcing from reference imagery and doing a couple rough paintovers.
    The First image is our initial composition and layout.

Paintovers coming soon!:)

ccaslayout.jpg

shipref.jpg

castleref.jpg

spireref.jpg
  • killazzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let me be the first to post some actual Work in progress! My responsibility is the castle that will fit in to the rock/cliff face on the right side of the overall composition. Alot more work and improvements to do, id like to re-imagine the front entrance so ill be working on that next. Otherwise the textured portion is in Engine with some basic fill light. Some lightmap issues occuring right now, but otherwise getting there.

Feedback is appreciated!!
    :)

CastleWIP_zps59e4ecdc.jpgCastleWIP_zps59e4ecdc.jpg.html
  • JackBauer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JackBauer null
    some WIP on the ship. lot of smooth groups that i havent touched yet

nwavc.jpg

2ro1ik5.jpg

14x1j6u.jpg