Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - Starfall - TeamKill

Replies

• MichaelElphick
    Love the high poly models, I really should brush up my zbrush skills!
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers guys.

Here's what i've been working on recently:

I'm putting in a mock up of the damaged meshes and sections throughout the scene, large bits anyway. The main aim is to get a proper 3D visualisation of where everything's going to go before we make them the game assets.

Luckily these assets can likely be made straight from these after these pieces are sculpted.

The yellow lines are the meteor paths. Wombat is currently sculpting up a series of rocks and rubble chunks which we'll be dotting around the scene to fill it up even more with some nice locaized rubble piles and to give a bit of fall off to the larger chunks.

ESCAPE-Starfall_18.jpg
    ESCAPE-Starfall_19.jpg
    ESCAPE-Starfall_20.jpg
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thats looking really cool man, keep up the good work
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new update on this. Finally started piecing a scene together in engine.

So far it's just the ground, got some damaged bits going and set up the pathway. It'll likely be getting some more damage in here eventually, but for now i'm happy with how it's looking. Maybe a bit too much bloom, but at this point it's just experimentation.

ESCAPE_Starfall_floor.jpg
    ESCAPE-Starfall_floor.jpg
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going to look at flattening the surfaces of the tiles to give it a less blobby look. Needs to be more level, no time erosion etc.
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    revised the floor a bit, here's a new pic of the changes. It now has a vertex paint shader and the spec and normals have been changed to reduce the clay feel of the material.

Also messed around a bit more with the post process in the scene, reduced the overuse of red and orange on the scene colour and the bloom slightly.

ESCAPE_Starfall_floor_02.jpg
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, been a while since i last posted here. We aren't going to make submission for this as sad as it sounds :( Too busy at work, too much flat moving, not enough hours in the day damnit!

That however is not to say i haven't done anything else on this since i last posted. I've got the majority of the pieces scultped now, there are 32 objects so far! still got the dome and some of the roof to go, not to mention a bit of the balcony and then the space ships and meteors, mountain city in the distance etc etc.

We aim to get it finished though! so i'll end up moving this across to the P&P section eventually.

I'll post up my sculpts sometime soon, no net at my new flat yet so it'll have to wait till i can get the images up here from work or some other place.
  • Wombatinahat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shame we won't get this finished in time for submission. Crunching pretty hard at work at the min. But yeah as impala says we'll see it through eventually once the game is done :)
  • purkie103
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shame you won't be able to get it finished in time the WIP was looking sweet, you going to finish it off still?

PS. I know all to well about that crunch XD
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yep, still plan on finishing it, eventually :)