Home Technical Talk

Blender face doesnt appear in dota

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Zoja polycounter lvl 6
Hello guys! Im almost ready with my 1st item but i have a problem with a face. In blender i can see the face it shows up how i want it, textures are also on it, but when i upload the model in dota 2 this face doesnt show up, its a single triangle, and recalculating didnt helped.

Would be awesome if someone can give me a hint where the problem could be.
Thanks a lot!

skswordcompare.png

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    by recalculating I assume you mean the normals? doublecheck that it's pointing in the right direction by turning face normals on under 'Mesh Display' in the n-panel. If all the light blue lines are facing outwards, that's how it should be.
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    MightyPea wrote: »
    by recalculating I assume you mean the normals? doublecheck that it's pointing in the right direction by turning face normals on under 'Mesh Display' in the n-panel. If all the light blue lines are facing outwards, that's how it should be.

Hey thanks for the hint, i checked it but all the faces look the same so that doesnt cause the problem or i made a mistake here?

normalsdisplay.png
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 12
    Duplicate the triangles in question, move them somewhere to the side of the model and rotate is 90 degrees so you can see the other side of it. (or hit flip normals but i dont know if blender removed that button).

One of those pieces has to show up and if not, then something else is really messed up.
  • xrg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xrg polycounter lvl 10
    If you turn on backface culling in Blender (n-panel, under display) does it still show the face?
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    xrg wrote: »
    If you turn on backface culling in Blender (n-panel, under display) does it still show the face?

Yes, if i turn on backface culling the faces are still there.
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    dpadam450 wrote: »
    Duplicate the triangles in question, move them somewhere to the side of the model and rotate is 90 degrees so you can see the other side of it. (or hit flip normals but i dont know if blender removed that button).

One of those pieces has to show up and if not, then something else is really messed up.

fliping normals didnt helped too. I have no idea what it could be, mabye something really simple, i am new to blender, this is my first model... but i am getting desperate :/
  • walkonsky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    walkonsky polycounter lvl 11
    maybe you have a duplicated vertex somewhere? ('w', 'remove doubles')
    what file format are you using for exporting?
    if you can't find the solution, upload the file, someone might have a look at it.
  • AsaNYC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AsaNYC polycounter lvl 14
    I can take a look if you put it online. Dropbox, or whathaveyou. I have a blendswap account, but I don't think this is appropriate for them.
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    walkonsky wrote: »
    maybe you have a duplicated vertex somewhere? ('w', 'remove doubles')
    what file format are you using for exporting?
    if you can't find the solution, upload the file, someone might have a look at it.

I had no duplication and the export file is .smd
    thanks for all the help guys! But it doesnt look good atm
    I guess i have to upload it soon
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    Problem solved, sorry forgot to post it here, the color.tga (the alpha chanel) caused the problem, but thanks for all ideas you had guys