Home Technical Talk

ZBrush - Intuos4 Problem

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
For the past 6 months Zbrush has worked flawlessly with my Wacom Intuos4 Tablet, But just this afternoon the Touch wheel stopped responding ONLY in ZBrush, Photoshop worked fine as well as every other program.

I haven't done anything to my settings in Zbrush or in the Wacom Drivers and after multiple tries to fix it, I reset the Wacom drivers to Default settings to no effect.

As far as I can tell Zbrush is still getting input, on start up I can re-size my brush but only for a split second, then it stops reacting to the Touch wheel, and if I keep scrolling my cursor flashes, but its just not re-sizing my Brush or zooming in or anything.

I'm running ZBrush 4R4.

Please Help

Replies

• rogueNoodle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used the instructions found here to get brush sizing in Zbrush using my Intuos scroll-wheel. Not sure if that's how you originally set yours up or not, but might be worth a try if not.

Also, Zbrush 4r5 has dynamic brush sizes, meaning the size of the brush by default is tied to the zoom level of the sculpt. I find that since I've started using it, I've had to adjust the size of brush a lot less. I found it was worth doing the upgrade for that feature alone. You never know - upgrading may even fix your problem altogether.
  • Goat Justice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goat Justice polycounter lvl 10
    I've had issues before with my Intous 4 forgetting its application specific settings at random. Usually happened after not using it for a week or so. It probably won't help you now, but you can use the Wacom Preference File Utility to export a backup of your settings and restore from it.
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    Works flawlessly, thanks rogueNoodle.