DnD: Neverwinter

Replies

• SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    further impressions :

healing sucks ass
    try aiming for the one person in your 5 man group thats low when there are ~500 mobs swarming you (because aggro is an issue as healer)
    you have no chance when all your team is melee, standing in one spot
    so, maybe you will heal later on with only aoe heals. but right now my strongest heal is my hot

all in all, the game is still good, but healing killed it for me =(
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah healing at low levels (i'm 23 atm) is pretty dire... is there any way to target group members via hotkey?
  • Kbrom12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    Enjoying this game so far, great game to play with old MMO buddies if anyone has them. There are a few things I don't like from a player/artist standpoint but its nothing I can't look past.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    What shard is everyone playing on? We can get some PC groups goin :D

EDIT: Played this morning as a Tiefling Cleric, tried a quick group and user content, SICK game!

On Mindflayer server if anyone's joined that, name's Rin Canthar, name tag is Torch13 :thumbup:
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    just beat the mad dragon instance, whoever designed that boss fight is just plain evil...
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    further impressions :

healing sucks ass
    try aiming for the one person in your 5 man group thats low when there are ~500 mobs swarming you (because aggro is an issue as healer)
    you have no chance when all your team is melee, standing in one spot
    so, maybe you will heal later on with only aoe heals. but right now my strongest heal is my hot

all in all, the game is still good, but healing killed it for me =(

Ctrl locks the target. So aim and Ctrl should resolve many issues for you.

I know this because its the same button I have to push to talk on TS3. :(

Currently: I do regret spending 50 to get into closed beta and then 200 for early access in open beta. Reason being, it wasnt really worth it. The Draw faces are soo squished its not even funny. I really like the spider mount and the initial set that you get as a founder with 2mil AD. I dont think there is a lore (lore questline) for Draw in this game early on (Or even later.) Every race starts at the same place with the same tutorial quests and ends up in Protector's Enclave.

Bottom line, I love the game still, but I am done spending money on it.

I dont think the Deity you choose to follow does give you a unique power of skill to be used in a combat(although I have to check up on that.) The pvp is fun but mages are OP so if you are TR or any melee class, then you are screwed. Every now and then when I am in an instance, I fall off the map and then I have to kill myself to get back on the map.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Damn dude, you dropped $250 on a single game before it's even released?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Damn dude, you dropped $250 on a single game before it's even released?

Sadly yes..
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I played it for about 20 minutes at lunch today, overall I had fun and thought it was cool! If I could use a 360 controller I think it'd be perfect.

Pros:
    -Easy to fight, fluid
    -Creating a character felt "epic," which is cool because usually it's a boring process, lots of cool sounds and stuff that felt good
    -I love that I can spam 1 and skip dialogue and accept quests all at the same time, I just mash 1 and I can keep progressing, I love not being hindered when all I wanna do is play

Cons:
    -Control felt a little wonky with keyboard & mouse, I'd prefer to use a 360 controller
    -Targeting is also difficult, I would prefer CTRL to be tap-to-lock, not hold-to-lock
    -Facial animation was.... comical and not so good. When it zooms in on a character for quest dialogue, the facial movements left everything to be desired, I would have preferred them to not even move

Overall I was pleasantly surprised. If I hook up my PC to my TV and play with a 360 controller, I could see myself playing this!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Isaiah - I found similar things to what you already said, it was almost as if the character artists were asked to rack out some quick rig's/animations for the characters, even if they had no prior rigging experience :D

Having said that it is damn addictive, I'd say if you're working on your portfolio then avoid this for a while, its hard to resist the temptation to login!
  • RMeeks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heya, playing on Mindflayer @Lugossi. Polycount guild go :P
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Is it true all the high level gear is bind on equip / purchasable in the store (or you buy the gold to use in the AH)? Everything Ive heard about it says its pay 2 win, where you`ll just be farming the AH, rather than getting your own gear, like diablo 3. Kind of disappointing. If this is the case, I`ll just wait for Wild Star to get my soft targetting mmo fix. all loot heavy games require bind on acquire items....
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pay to win late game? F that.
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    I can't tell you things.

But I can point at this page http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Gauntlgrym

And helpfully remind that open beta does not always equal the final game...
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    I gave it a shot... and I think the over all tone of the game is dnd enough, but good god are the character models embarrassing. I'm seeing more wrong than right with the game at the moment. The gameplay isnt horrible and the artist tone are satisfactory, the tone and mood did impress though. I just cant see enough quality in the game to warrant more gameplay atm.