Home Unreal Engine

InterpActor selected; Matinee says it's not

Hello,

I'm having trouble adding a Matinee sequence to my InterpActor (in this case, InterActor_8). I have it selected (I think?) and when I try to create a Matinee sequence for it, I get told nothing is selected.I even tried zoom in really close and selecting it (same result). I can double-click on it and bring up it's properties. I know it's supposed to be highlighted in blue, but for some reason, it's not doing that. I even zoomed in further and still can't seem to select it properly. Maybe I have to convert it to a KActor or mover? What am I doing wrong? The file I'm using won't let me select it any other way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    some potential things to try:
    -you mighht not be able to add it to the matinee because it lives in a different sub level?
    -Or, two, sometimes the selection goes wonky if you find you cant select certain things--try saving or building paths or something (helps sometimes)
    -is there a partially transparent object (fog or mesh-based godrays) in front of the object you want? If you can bring up the properties, I suspect not, but turning off the "select translucent objects" option might help with this
    -you could try convert to mover. might help. Kactors are for things with physics though, so you probably don't want that.