Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fictitious Game Fantasy Spear Low Poly...sorta

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
So I'm in class right now that we've had to do a pretty large mock, GDD/Art Style Guide for a fictitious game. The game is somewhat like God of War, except for that the player faces off against the zodiac deities instead of Greek gods. This the spear for the main protagonist and is magically imbued.

This is just the kind of low poly version. I really want to get this into Mudbox/Z Brush, and sculpt it out so I know my final LP will lose that blood groove, and bevel on the blade. But, for the purpose of this image I just wanted a pretty detailed LP to show before going into final modelling/sculpt faze. Things I would love C & C for is the presentation and renders mostly, but feel free to just give advice. Below are thing I tried to accomplish for this WIP, and things I want to accomplish.

1. modeling in a way to think about the end goal
2. Really tried to experiment with MR shaders to get my renders to look nice. Turned off GI/II and shadows on these renders. Still not quite great I don't think.
3. Working on A/O passes
4. Really need to work on my LP/HP/Baking workflow.
5. Lighting still needs work on my renders.
6. I tried hard to get a nice composite and clean presentation in PS. Is it too much??

That's all I got for now.
Link for bigger:
http://spectre1130.deviantart.com/art/Fictitious-Game-Art-Asset-355536228?ga_submit_new=10%253A1361421661&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

Thanks for looking:poly136:

CelestialSpear_Spear_present_flat_sharp.png

Replies