Home Unity

How to select geometry without selecting the entire prefag

deolol
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
deolol polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys I know that its a really basic problem but I'm struggling to find out how to solve this issue.

Basically, when selecting the original (imported, not duplicated/instanced) geometry/multiple geometry it selects all the geometry. Any idea how to stop this happening? Thanks! :)

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Think we might need more help than that to answer.

Screenies?

Are you instancing or duplucating the mesh via script?
  • deolol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deolol polycounter lvl 6
    maybe i'm not wording it right but it must be a simple problem :D

ruvBDN1.png

Basically when i select original imported model it selects everything else that was imported with it, i cant move it around seperately, even worse i cant move around entire blocks of geometry as it leaves around the originals. Hope it makes more sense? Thats what i show in the second pic, as you can see with the thin blue line representing it all selected. Thanks.

edit: Yes double click allows me to go and select it individually but when selecting another "original" it does the same again and double click doesnt work, also ctrl deselecting removes all originals when you simply deselect one.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    2 ways you use the scene hierarchy viewer and just expand the prefab so you can see the meshes with in.

or click the object in the scene, which select the whole prefab, than while the prefab is selected click it again whcih selects the mesh in the prefab