Home Artists Looking For Work

Looking for Unrealscript programmer to create 3D object viewer app for iPad / iPhone

* This project has been commissioned *

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an Unrealscript programmer to write a 3D object viewer app with UDK for iPad and iPhone.

The app would have the following features:

- fixed landscape viewing mode

- the entire screen is filled with a 3D scene, which has a 3D object in the center (e.g. some walls and a cube)
- on the left of the screen appears a vertical list of thumbnails showing objects, as a layer on top of the 3D scene with transparant spaces between the thumbnails
- the thumbnail list is draggable up and down
- clicking a thumbnail on the list loads a new 3D object, the current scene quickly fades to black, the new one fades in
- touching the screen once with one finger (not on the thumbnail list) will hide the thumbnail list and other interface elements, another touch makes them appear again

- swiping left, right, up and down will rotate the camera around an object
- ideally the swiping would have damping, the object/scene rotation will not stop abruptly but with a quick delay
- an option for zooming, maybe by using the typical iPhone two-finger-zoom-style or with a slider on the right side of the screen
- for each object rotation parameters can be set (in the script, not in the app): min/max horizontal rotation (e.g. 0 to 360 degrees, or 90 to 180 degrees), min/max vertical rotation, min/max zoom

I'm a C/C++ developer myself and the idea is that you deliver a UDK project that I can customize/tweak myself and add objects to.

This is the first phase of the app, once completed more features will be added in the future.

If you are interested in developing this UDK project please send me a private message with your price offer and your contact information.