Home General Discussion

48 hour Gameathon for Charity 19/04/2013

Hi Everyone

On April the 19th 2013 Myself and my friend FazzFluff will be participating in and streaming a 48 hour League of Legends Gameathon in aid of the charity Special effect.

I would appreciate if all who read this spread the word, visit the Facebook event page and join and if you like what the charity is about Donate :) more information can be found on the links bellow
Cheers
Dan

Facebook Link:http://www.facebook.com/messages/529075146#!/events/136795326488274/

Just Giving Link:http://www.justgiving.com/48HourGameathon

Special Effects Website:http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

Replies

• Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No comments at all :( come on people
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Black text on a dark grey background, are you ***** serious?
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    People these days...

"I'll play a game for 48 hours to help people!"

When really it should be;

"I'll Actually help *homeless, poor, dying, starving, whatever else* people for 48 hours!"

Do something more useful than just sitting around! :P
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    They're raising money, that's pretty useful.

You gave too much notice, two months time is enough for anyone who isn't invested in it to forget. A week before it starts would be better and bumping again the day before, good luck with it though.
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    True i'm just a grumpy bugger today ;')

Good luck at any rate!
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah sorry about the black text I dont know why it did that and when I went to change the colour there is code all over it :S and ta marine :) yeah I will do it again closer to the time I just wanted to try and advertise it ahead of time then bump it later so people could join the event on facebook see what its about etc :)
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously, any thing for charity is awesome. But plz plz plz reformat your text. I had to highlight it to read anything at all.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    You know what would be truly challenging? If you did the 48 LOL marathon but didn't swear once. Or pass any unpleasant remarks. Now that I'd pay money to see! :D
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas that does sound like a challange I will try and do that if it will help raise money :P thats gonna be hard though XD lol
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Visceral that should have sorted the text now :)
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    And just to sweeten the deal you have an obnoxiously large sig so i can only fit 3 posts on my screen at once. :thumbdown:
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    you need to emphasise the charity more, alot more, its a fantastic cause. At the moment it just sounds like some guys playing games instead of doing a fun run.....until you look into the charity and realise its relevance to the cause. Make it about the charity and not yourselves would be my advice.

I hope you do well.
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool do you have any advice on how I might go about that as it is all about the charity I don’t want it to sound like it’s just about us. But I also need to grab people’s attention so they will read what it’s all about instead of just skim it or pass over it without seeing what it is that Special effect do. So too much text can deter people from reading it unfortunately.

Any advice would be appreciated :)
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    You could do something like...
    "Just like SpecialEffect support disabled gamers, for 48 hours we'll only be playing support champions in League of Legends to raise money for SpecialEffect. You can donate to them here and find our Facebook for the event here."
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    People these days...

"I'll play a game for 48 hours to help people!"

When really it should be;

"I'll Actually help *homeless, poor, dying, starving, whatever else* people for 48 hours!"

Do something more useful than just sitting around! :P

In some standards me and you think alike, lad. I was actually going to say the same thing. How the fuck can you help by playing lol?

On second thought, disregard.
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'v reposted this as the evnt is in just over a week :)
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    About to go live shortly here is an update

Yordle time £100
    Yordles only for 5 games regardless off the position we are playing
    Super Supports £300
    Only allowed to play support characters for 5 Games regardless of position e.g. Jungle Sona
    Troublesome Teemo £500
    We will play 10 games as Teemo that includes jungle
    ATMOGS £700
    We will play 5 games where we will only buy 5 warmogs and an atimas
    Who said I have to go ap? £900
    We will play 2 games where we build an AP character as AD
    Random Role £1000
    Call a role and we will random and lock in as the hero and play that role regardless of who it is for 3 games

Viewers choice for every additional £100
    For every additional £100 we will take a request from a random donor (higher donors take priority) and let them decide how we build and who we play etc