Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

4 Weeks Environment Project to get a job

djoexe
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
djoexe polycounter lvl 7
Hi everyone, I've been asked to put my knowledge into a 4 weeks project to test my skills to get a a job at a VideoGame company in Montreal. I want to show you my results so far. They gave me a concept art and I got to reproduce it in 3D. They gave me a 50k poly budget and the use of only 6 textures for the whole scene. Lastly, i can't make use of any post process at all.

So here is the concept art and my work so far...The scene is almost done. Need to model the car and texture it and add few more details.

***For profesionnal reasons, I decided to remove any picture of this thread.***
THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED

Sry everyone

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Looks solid so far, but are you sure you are allowed to share this art test online?
  • djoexe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djoexe polycounter lvl 7
    Nope but i've made some researches and I found a concept art online that they offered to me as well so I think those concept arts do not provide from them. But overall I'm not asking for help on this thread or advice to push my result further, I'm just showing off what i'm working on and if people are interested to post some comments...they're welcome.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    Looks pretty good for what I'm assuming is a mobile game (given the studio the test is for). The grass tufts and ground in general below the train could use a lot of work (traintracks are not as wide as the trains themselves).

Are you within the art test specs? The triangle counts and texture resolutions you're hitting seem much higher than I would expect, but I don't know shit about mobile nowadays.

I wouldn't assume that you should be sharing your art test with the internet, however.
  • djoexe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djoexe polycounter lvl 7
    Ok, i'm decided...i asked to close this thread ASAP...dont wanna loose my chance. Sry guys.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    edit all the images out of your first post. at the bottom of the post is an edit button.