Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crit me hard bbh!

haha hey guys first time ever touching zbrush, I really didnt know what I was doing at all at this point in time. It took 1.5 hours to sculpt and I'm working ion the topology of it now to see if I can texture it.

I went with words like treeman, evil, wired, rustic, boss, grand, float.

What would be good is if I could get some hard critique I would like to further my skills with zbrush, detail is a big thing for me.

THANK YOOOU!

floating_head_thingy_by_bodytemp-d5uo2es.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Being your first time using zbrush, and only spending 1.5h on it. It's not really worth the thread. Maybe check out the speed modeling thread, but generally speaking, spend a lot more time tinkering before asking for brutally honest crits because it's too early to provide one you can really learn from.
  • RMeeks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scariest piece of popcorn ever?
  • Peter.3dartist
    a concept would help people to give crit as there is nothing to compare it to i'm afraid.

stab in the dark crit tho

im guessing you started with the basic sphere in zbrush as you can see where you have pulled it out on the tentacle bits the points in the model have been stretched out and look quite deformed.

as there is no topology on the actual face you are having the same problem its become very dense in areas and not in others giving a crunched look to it.
  • FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    The front looks more like a Samurai Mask rather than something natural like a tree with a face. If you really want to learn ZBrush start simple, take the default bust that comes with ZBrush and start to sculpt it. And don't pull shapes out like a maniac, ADD THEM!! Take a cylinder for instance and place it where you want it to be, than start to embed it.

ZBrush has tons of extremely useful features to achieve exactly what you desire, there is no need to just stick with one or two brushes and form everything out of one mesh.

If you rather want to learn how to define your sculpting skills, than i would recommend to use Mudbox since it's a bit more on point. ZBrush can be a bit hard for beginners and since Mudbox has no DynaMesh you're forced to take care of a proper poly distribution.