Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval Assassin Bust

Currently Working on a Medieval Assassin bust. So far I focused on the armor more than the face. I'm trying to show personality and character through the face. I'm looking for a neutral character that follows her own goals and play by her own rule. Moreover it is the type of character that can be an antagonist at the beginning of the game but later on would help the protagonist achieving his goals for her own motives. Secondary details are not yet finished.
Critiques and suggestions are appreciated.
1-1_zpsf98b61fc.jpg
2-1_zps9c71629a.jpg
3-1_zps72768c17.jpg
4_zpsfbc2003d.jpg
5_zps5c64c39e.jpg

Replies

• Johan3043
    Looking good but i think you should rethink some of the face and add some more feminine shapes to it. If you hadn't typed that it was a female i would have thought that it was a dude. But the armor looks neat! Keep at it, looking forward to see the result! :)
  • talood
    Thanks, that's extremely helpful.
    I was determining whether I should keep the head structure the way it is and work my way from there.
    However, I will work on the face from scratch. make an very feminine face and work from there.
  • talood
    Update on the face,
    not happy with the way its turning out, however i gotta wrap things up since its due soon.
    1-1_zps18a686f8.jpg
    2-1_zpsde0affbb.jpg
  • PixelSuit
    Nice work so far, I'm no character artist so I'll leave those crits to the experts but one thing I would mention is make sure that the design fits his purpose.

If the character is being sold as an assassin then adding a load of large, cumbersome armour might seem strange to the viewer. The job of an assassin was to eliminate a target as quickly and quietly as possible without being noticed, having very visible armour would also make them stand out among the public he would very probably be trying to blend in with. The character design in games like 'Assassins Creed' and 'Dishonored' is a great example of this. Good luck with the project!