Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Samara DA crossover-Bioware Challenge

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
At long last, Samara is finally finished :D!

Let me know what you guys think

Backstory;
Samara the first Tal-Sataareth

Due to the defeat of the previous Arishok, by the champion of Kirkwall, the newly appointed Arishok persuaded the Arigena and Ariqun that a new duty for specific Qunari is needed, to adapt to the present challenges.

The new Arishok proposed a controversial idea of adopting a similar framework of the Circle of Magi. He went on to purpose that their current use of the Saarebas is not efficient to the Qunari way. After much discussion and debate the Arigena and Ariqun came to agree with the Arishok.

Thus began a diligent effort by the Tamassran to cultivate a Qunari that can control magic. After many failed attempts, one child Qunari prevailed, Samara the first of the Tal-Sataareht(True Enforcer/Defender).

A Tal-Sataareht is meant to be a complete follower of the Qun, with no doubts, impossible to ever become a Tal-Vashoth. A Tal-Sataareht enforces and defends the way of Qun, its mastery of magic over powers those of the Circle of Magi unlike the Saarebas who are weaker in comparison. In the body of the creature the Tal-Sataareht is the spine of Qun, since their conviction can never be broken a Tal-sataareht judgement is final and never doubted.

This addition to the Qunari way has banded the scattered factions, bringing an overturn in power since their defeat in the Exalted Marches.

Many are now fearful of the Qunari victory once more.

SamaraCover2.jpg
SamaraTurnaround.jpg
ConstructionShot.jpg

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Followed this in waywow and I will say that the concept and sculpt are awesome, but the presentation is hurting all of that.

What are you rendering in? Except for a few area's around the arms the overall lighting is looking really flat and boring. There's very little material definition in your spec map, everything looks kinda the same, except for the armor and that looks like concrete. The bug eye's are also a little odd. I get the intended expression but she's looking more surprised than "feel my wrath you insignificant bug" angry. Try pulling the inner eye'brows down just a bit. The brown backgrounds a bit poopy as well. At least add a gradient of some sort.
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the input ScudzAlmighty!
    Def going to take that input so that it'll look better on my portfolio.
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Hey spiderDude, nice work !
    I must agree with ScudzAlmighty, but i know how it's like to finish a challenge, it's not always easy to spent some proprer time on the textures.
    One thing also about the presentation, she have a light value on her legs and she's standing on a light floor, visually she merges with it.
    Anyway, great job mate, congrats on finishing ! ;)