Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] looking for some feedback new here :)

Greetings fellow polycount members, im currently new to this industry and hope to learn and achieve more from the comments and feedbacks i get from u all.
Currently been doing classes and was suppose to base my character on a soldier theme so i decided to go for a kinda world war 2 theme soldier in it.

so this is what i have done so far. been using 3dsmax/zbrush for like a few months and i would really like more help to see where and how i can improve my model on. im also doing side stuff to build up a demo/reel for myself. and ill be posting whatever i have been doing here.

thanks for taking the time to read.
hopefully fellow members can guide me as well too :) cheers XDD

Harley_zpsc19f9a6f.jpg

Martin_SoldierRender_zpsa48bf7a9.jpg

Replies

• PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PacoCasares polycounter lvl 11
    Have you done any sketches and drawings for the soldier and the motorcycle? Also, what do you want to aim with the motorcycle and the soldier? are they going to be together or separate? If you want constructive crit, the motorcycle looks very light, in terms that it looks simple (and unbelievable that it can run), I would get some heavy reference on motorcycles and work on the siluette and shapes of the different parts. It has to look like a vehicle that is ready to run!

For the soldier, the clothing looks a touch soft, like its mudded, perhaps sharpen the creases and add a cloth texture. Also, again, work on designs on paper so you can get a soldier with more character. As for now, it reminds me the soldier from Toy Story.
  • Kyaaa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, Paco thanks so much for the feedback. yah i have some heavy reference for the harley davidson itself. It was still a [WIP] havent really finished out the entire model because i was doing further stuff in school.
    i understand for the soldier and what ur trying to say ill try working on it more and do a update. My reference was based off different parts of clothing that has been worn/off-worn etc .. texturing and other stuff im still learning. and i hope to get more advice from u next time.
    thanks alot for the feedback
    hope to hear more from the community :))
  • Kyaaa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thompsonWire_zps4f0fa6a7.jpg

thompson_zps99781ac8.jpg

Updated weapon / im currently doing [Thompson]