Home General Discussion

Are you a tech junkie?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
repete polycounter lvl 6
Was just looking through my receipts on everything I have spent in the last 3 years to date, hardware and software and I could buy a new car with it :polytwitch:(not a big one but still). I am up to 7K and I wont be showing the girlfriend my receipt list, most of it has been savings but I just realised what a tech junk I have become :poly122:. Thankfully I have all that I need now, so its just the odd game here and there over the next few years :)

What about you guys, what have you been forking out for tech ?

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    My phone is a 6 year old flip phone :P

I did shell out $2,000 for a cintiq a few years back, totally worth it.
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    My phone is a 6 year old flip phone :P

same here, strangely iam not into phones that much, which is strange because i tend to buy alot of techy stuff
    if i think about it i did spent really alot of money for tech stuff over the last 12 months.. guess its lucky i dont have to justify these things to anyone
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    If I could actually afford the stuff Im sure id be overloaded with tech i don't really need. My table would be full of razer products too.
  • HardBaller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Hmm it's not to bad on my end i think. Looking at the past 2 year. New 42inch tv. 2x new ips screen and build a new desktop (about 1200euro for that build alone without anything on it). 2 xperia arc's. Getting 2 new phones next month btw. Thinking 1 smartphone 1 tablet with phone/call option. 17inch laptop hmm oh yeah new ps3 (old broke). Dang what would that total up to. 3/4K euro maybe. Oh yeah and got myself an intuos4 for xmass :p. A lot of collectors edition games as well but seeing that it isn't tech i won't count them.
  • maximumsproductions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maximumsproductions polycounter lvl 8
    It's weird, I'm really into pretty much anything that can be mashed into a desktop computer but once it comes to phones, consoles, laptops, and I just drop off a cliff and reach the end of an abyss and back...
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    My friends laugh at me because I hate mobiles (have a basic samsung mob for 4 years now that cost me 22 euros:)) and laptops, tablets and the likes have never clicked with me, the tech I use has a purpose and I also have some audio gear in my hobbit cave (built up over many years) which perplexes the shit out of everyone when I pull out my cheap phone :D!. I honestly don't mind spending money on something I need but buying things for novelty value is beyond me.

Each to their own I guess :thumbup:
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I'd say I'm a big tech junkie, but I spend most of my money on nice clothes than tech I think. Perhaps overall, I've spent more money on tech stuff than clothes, but I get clothes more often. The past year, I've built a desktop that's about $2000 total. I bought a Nexus 7, which was about $220 total, a Samsung Galaxy S3, I think was $200 something? I honestly can't remember. New monitor from a friend, $150.

Then I bought a jacket for $400...
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    aside from my computer and audio equipment, really not much of a techy but i have spent over 2k on my computer if you include displays and thousands on audio gear.

but when it comes to everything else, i don't bother, like my phone is the free one that came with my mobile plan and i actually really got a hate on for mobiles, in the past one of the many reasons for dumping a girl was that i was getting tired of her messing about on her phone every 2 minutes.