Home Contests & Challenges Archives

HMP Contest - Clairenix

Clairenix
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Clairenix polycounter lvl 7
Apparently I needed a thread here. Will post my future progresses here soon. :)

Replies

• Clairenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Attached is an initial design idea.
    Not yet finalized but I am already working on my body mesh.

Would like her to be in her young teens about 14 or so... Body should be, quite thin and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Right now the concept is a futuristic assassin like design.

Subject to change, if I think of better things to approach it.
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice concept. Do you plan on keeping the anime style?
  • Clairenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I just draw faster with the anime style.

Will try to go realistic on this one. (hopefully making it still look similar.)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

just one question, is it alright to ask for some critic around here? (I was planning on asking once I have the body mesh and stuff posted.)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh course you can ask for critic/advice. Polycount is an awesome artist community for that. :)
    I was asking about the anime because I thought it'd be interesting to keep it stylized -- didn't mean to imply that realism was better: Up to you to do what you feel inspired most by.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

By the way, I don't see you as registered for the contest. Make sure to take the time to register so we can add you as a contestant and provide you with Houdini and Mixamo access so you can work on your entry.

Cheers and good luck!
  • Clairenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anais wrote: »
    Oh course you can ask for critic/advice. Polycount is an awesome artist community for that. :)
    I was asking about the anime because I thought it'd be interesting to keep it stylized -- didn't mean to imply that realism was better: Up to you to do what you feel inspired most by.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

By the way, I don't see you as registered for the contest. Make sure to take the time to register so we can add you as a contestant and provide you with Houdini and Mixamo access so you can work on your entry.

Cheers and good luck!

Hi, thank you and I've sent a registration e-mail and replied to your email as well.

Anyway, here is an update on the body mesh I made for this.

as for the stylized look, I think it might work too. I might try it as well!.

What do you guys think? I think I went over my "14 year old" age goal but I think it turned out pretty nice.

C&C would be great!

Next step would be revising in accord to the community's C&C and further designing with the clothes. (suggestions would be great too!)
  • Clairenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minor update.

Modified the face and did a quick mock up of half of its clothes. So far I'm alright with it. Face could use some more work but she will have a mask on.. so.. I'm not sure. I am having a bit of trouble with the face shape..
  • Clairenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated attachments.
    I messed up the face on the last one pretty bad I had to revise it..
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fast progress! Nice job. Keep iterating on the face... maybe doing a quick drawing/concept draft of the face only may help with proportions? Or using some references?