Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

FPS video game endeavor

My name is Brandon Plummer, I am 24 years old and I live in Illinois. I have been working on concept art, storyboard, script and music for a first person shooter video game that would be infused with elemental game play features similar to many RPG's such as Poke'mon. When I have everything ready I am going to put the idea of the game onto kick starter to try and get funding. I have tried to get a hold of some game developers to get an idea of who I could get to program and do 3D modeling for the game but sadly I have had no luck which brings me here. I am hoping to find a team of people that may have the knowledge that I do not to take what I have and help make it into a functioning video game. Anybody that gets involved in this project will become a part of the kickstarted and we would more than likely move forward together to created a company name for ourselves if needed.
I understand that video games are not cheap to create and I am trying my best to cut down on some cost by doing the concept art, music, story and getting a kick starter going. I feel that the game play ideas, artwork and story are in many ways unique, but still adhere to the standards of what many gamers look for in a first person shooter. If you are interested in learning more about this project, or know anybody who might be interested, please contact me on this forum/website or by email at tbs_fan480@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Brandon Plummer

Replies

• RikuXPaine
    This seems like a good idea and a good way to get more experience in working in a team. I would have no problem in taking you up on this offer. I'm in my 3rd year of College and have 2 years of experience in 3D Modeling. I also started Character Modeling not to long ago. I believe my skills will prove useful to you.
  • Spiffy664
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy664 polycounter lvl 6
    RikuXPaine wrote: »
    I believe my skills will prove useless to you.

heh, typo?

for OP: Do you have something to share? Like pictures? There is already a whole mess of indy shooters in the works.
  • RikuXPaine
    Yes i have a website with my work on there. As of now it hasn't been updated regularly and i don't have much on there. Of course I'm still learning like everyone else and i have a ways to go.

http://lamarr333.wix.com/jaronfoley
  • Pierceton
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I am actually in talks with a 3D artist right now I will probably have anybody else that might want to get involved go through him when it comes to work with 3D art. As for pictures yes I have some and if you would like to get a hold of me through my email I would rather discuss work through there and I have quite a bit of story but I would also rather discuss the details in private. Thank you for your time.

-Brandon
  • RikuXPaine
    Ok that sounds like a good idea and you can message me your email if you want.
  • Lugbzurg
    Do you have any concept art for this? A title? Something more than just text? It's generally a good idea to provide something more solid than just words. All we know is that it's an FPS that seems to have something to do with the elements. (Presumably, fire, water, earth, and air, unless ice and "thunder" are supposed to be in here, "similar to many RPGs", as you put it.) Is there anything you can compare it to? Is it like Quake? Serious Sam? Halo? Counter-Strike? Please elaborate. If you really want to get people excited for the development of this game, you should show a little more than just a little bit of writing. Especially when it's the main post of an entire thread.
    Pierceton wrote: »
    I feel that the game play ideas, artwork and story are in many ways unique, but still adhere to the standards of what many gamers look for in a first person shooter.
    I can only hope this wouldn't include numerous scripted events. Though, if you were to try to find an interesting new spin on any old trope to make it interesting, that would be some pretty major stuff. After all, games like Super Mario Bros. and especially Castlevania get linearity down to a T and take every positive advantage of it. Furthermore, Serious Sam and especially Quake have brown environments that actually make sense and are a joy to look at. Perhaps there's some way you could do the same with a limited weapon inventory (of, like, two guns), perhaps if you could change them up in modifications on the fly or with regenerating health to um... to... Ehh, the two weapon idea was kinda cool (I only just now thought of it), but I can't think of any way to make regenerating health fun or interesting at the moment. It's quite worthwhile to be clever; to get that defining gimmick that lasts as a defining gimmick for as long as it takes for other publishers to start shamelessly copying your idea!