Home General Discussion

how to describe my skills in English

I know this is a stupid question but (USA)English is my second language. I don't know how to describe my skills in English. I looked at other artists' resume. I couldn't understand if their skills are same as mine. could you guys tell me how to write resume in English.

Here is my most current resume.

portfolio web-site: xxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxx
Phone number: xxx-xxxx

Skills:
polygon modeling, digital sculpting, hard surface modeling, retopology, digital painting, texturing, UV mapping, human anatomy, polypainting

Software Experience:
Maya
ZBrush
Photoshop

Education:
college name 2008-2010
some MMDP classes

self-taught 2010-present
learning from many video tutorials and books

Replies

• Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Combine "polygon modeling" and "hard surface modeling" to just "3d modeling". "polypainting" to me is the same as "texturing"..

I'd recommend..

Skills:
    3d modeling, high poly sculpting, concept painting, texture maps, normal maps

Make sure your skills are in order. The first skill is your best skill. "human anatomy" may seem like a good addition as a character artist, but in the skill section it sounds kind of creepy xD. and if you can texture you can UV so that's assumed. Also, "retopology" could be "normal maps" instead, implying you understand the process of high poly to low poly baking.

I'd cut the "self taught" part. In a way we all are self taught. :thumbup:
  • Min-Jun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your answer on this question! I will do it right away. I have a hard time with English. I wish to master English someday.
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Another suggestion: I don't know what "some MMDP classes" means. Break down MMDP to the full words.