Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Keira, Sentinelle Soldier (Work in progress)

L.Rabat
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
L.Rabat polycounter lvl 6
Hi everybody , it's my first post on Polycount so i hope you will like my work.
I'm a French 3D student . Currently I'm in my third years of 3D videogame school.
I started to work Zbrush software this Years . This work is my second sculpture.

For this work I'd like to create a female flighty soldier . I used Zbrush and Softimage to create this model . It's a Work in Progress, I have to finish some parts of this .

Well, All reviews , Feedbacks are Welcome .

Kara Turn.jpg

Replies

• tristanCarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    It looks as though the proportions are slightly off. It's hard to tell with all the armor. As far as the armor and outfit is concerned, some of the pieces don't make too much sense, and the detailing for them could work out better. If you haven't seen them, Mike Jenson released a great set of tutorials on hard surface sculpting for Eat3D. They cost around $50, but I consider them a worthwhile purchase. Finally, don't be afraid to do some profile concepts. Right now a lot of the model is boring and you don't have too many things breaking up the profile. You should definitely make some of the armor flare out to create some more interesting shapes.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    If you could show us some references you used and a two separate images, one for the girl and one for the armor, that would be grand, since right now it looks like she's a scimitar, with a fat belly.

Her pose is also very stressed, try and put her in a more relaxed pose, since it can throw you off on how an armor would fold on itself.