Home General Discussion

Nintendo Direct.

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    slipsius wrote: »
    The game pad for wiiU isn't that good though. its really not that comfortable to hold, and honestly, every game ive played on the wiiU (I do own one), I spend more time looking at the game pad than the tv. It's annoying. I want to play a console, not a mobile. It has potential, but they arent using it as such. Instead of forcing the gamepad on every aspect of a game, use it for useful things. maps, inventories, spy cameras. But ya, playing hardcore games on that gamepad, its just not comfortable enough to play for a long time.

Yep I second this, pain in the butt which is why I picked up the pro gamepad, trying to play Monster hunter with that brick was a nightmare XO
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I thought the pad was really comfortable. Been playing DK Tropical Freeze and unEpic, and i love them on the wiiU. It only needs more games. ANy games. That X game looks epic!

Mario Kart looks awesome already.

I do agree that if you want some controller that is more traditional the controller pro is just like a 360 one. i have them both, and the wiimote and i use the pad like 100% of the time haha.

Can't wait to see some new games from Nintendo tho. I agree that they need to come with something new. Smash is the next big one on the list i guess. Looking fwd to that one.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Rainbow road sort of does look similar to the old one but the way they polish, damn it!
    I would still like to play it as i loved the others, the train add-on was pretty cool, wonder if they have a secret for it if you can reach it? such as a warp/or a/star? maybe that would be cool.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Been playing DK Tropical Freeze

I want to get this as well, looks amazing! The Wii U definitely has (or had) a lot of potential, just needs more awesome games like this :)
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    I'm still waiting for them to actually announce that Pokemon fighting game.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All Mario Kart games have been a 'pass' for me ever since they started making the different karts have different abilities. It just felt like they unbalanced the whole game.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Mstankow wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for them to actually announce that Pokemon fighting game.

I was wondering why they never made a 3D version of the original gameboy game? There was pokemon stadium on the N64 but even then you could only plug a GBA game into the cartridge to play on your screen. Imagine a 3rd person open world game set in the pokemon universe, think it would work pretty well :thumbup:
  • glottis8
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Torch wrote: »
    I was wondering why they never made a 3D version of the original gameboy game? There was pokemon stadium on the N64 but even then you could only plug a GBA game into the cartridge to play on your screen. Imagine a 3rd person open world game set in the pokemon universe, think it would work pretty well :thumbup:

What I was mentioning is that last fall at some convention in Japan, a Wii U pokemon game was teased that looked like it would be a full on Street Fighter 4 style fighting game. But nothing more has since been revealed since the teaser besides Nintendo registering a few Pokemon related trademarks that sound like Pokemon fighting games.
  • Macrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macrow polycounter lvl 8
    slipsius wrote: »
    wasnt it just a couple days ago they announced how screwed they are, and how share holders are pissed at the lack of profits? So they said they were gonna do something new to fix that... now they`re announcing they are doing the same old thing again and again.

Dont get me wrong, the new mario kart looks great. but seriously, time for a new IP, nintendo. And get off your first party high horse. Adopt the attitude sony and MS have about indies and 3rd party.

What are you talking about? This game was well in development before recently. They had to release this game that was already under way.

It makes no sense to stop development of a game about two years in development, just because of more recent gloom over shareholder support.

Though, I do wholeheartedly agree that they need to establish new IPs and make a much stronger effort to inviting indies. In fact, I've even gone as far as suggesting they sponsor some notable indie developers.
  • easterislandnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    easterislandnick polycounter lvl 17
    Macrow wrote: »
    What are you talking about? This game was well in development before recently. They had to release this game that was already under way.

It makes no sense to stop development of a game about two years in development, just because of more recent gloom over shareholder support.

Though, I do wholeheartedly agree that they need to establish new IPs and make a much stronger effort to inviting indies. In fact, I've even gone as far as suggesting they sponsor some notable indie developers.

Lets not forget that they sold 35 million copies of Mario Kart Wii! That's a ridiculous number.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Lets not forget that they sold 35 million copies of Mario Kart Wii! That's a ridiculous number.

I'd really love to hear the story behind why Mario Kart 8 wasn't a launch title. Odds are good we wouldn't be hearing about bad sales with the WiiU if they had, y'know, launched it with a few popular games...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 wrote: »
    I'd really love to hear the story behind why Mario Kart 8 wasn't a launch title. Odds are good we wouldn't be hearing about bad sales with the WiiU if they had, y'know, launched it with a few popular games...

The real problem wasn't the lack of launch titles, but that the WiiU was rushed out before content was ready.
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    I still think they're missing a trick;

super-smash-kart.jpg
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    I wonder if they finally went around and did something about AI, item distribution and rubberband and change the way drift work which were the main critic points for me in the Wii one. Looking at what other games pull off in terms of AI there is no reason for them to rely on the botish types of CPU enemies. We have seen so much more realistic behaviour in other racer games.