Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clock Tower

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Grumpntug polycounter lvl 11
Been a while since I've done some stuffs so I'm making a clock tower in Zbrush. I'm trying to stay solely in Zbrush and get that flow down. The clock and the overhang are pretty cool but being attached to a stone slab isn't working for me so I'll be re-doing that...
towerstuff.jpg

clockclose.jpg

Baby clock on its way to becoming a man clock

clock.jpg

Replies

• Johan3043
    Wow can't believe this havent gotten any comments yet. Amazing work man, the details are incredible! Looking forward to see the result! :)
  • Shrike
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Looks very well quality wise, but I dont really see the clock tower, its a really odd
    design. Also I would go with thinner pointers for the clock, the roman letters
    have this really characteristic thin and sharp feel, and the 2 pointers are really bulky in comparison.
  • Grumpntug
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the design was what I had issue with too. Its just sort of stuck on the stone slab. I'm getting rid of that. I'm not sure about the roman numerals either or if I want to add additional frills to things and what not. I was up super late with it and got an hour of sleep haha. So I'll be re-thinking some things. Good points, thanks for the comments!
  • Grumpntug
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, another update. I changed the tower to brick and I did a small sketch of what I plan to do. I'm sort of inching along with this since its more of a sand box playing around model than a start to finish thing, so the sketch is more of a "what I plan to do next rather than a "this is what it will look like done" sketch. I'm sure it will keep changing.

thingys.jpg
  • Grumpntug
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent friday night and part of this morning finishing this thing up. Wasn't the most amazing creativity wise but it was nice to do something fully in Zbrush and just get moving again. Got a bit of a warhammer table top vibe in the end...

10.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg