Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

H&K G3A3 Rifle

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    theaneurin wrote: »
    Hmm interesting, I use the levels tool quite often when working on my textures, but I've never applied it to any renders before. Did you use the default settings? I can't recall ever seeing any changes to the images when I use the default levels tool settings. The only thing is that the magazine seems to get really really hot, but I can just tweak that manually in the render I guess. But I definitely like the results that you achieved, I will look into it for sure! Thanks :D

Yea the levels was used with its default settings. All I did was drag the white triangle over to the left to brighten it up. It is important in any art piece to use a full range of values no matter what the medium is because that is what give you contrast. I always check my renders with levels and curves to make sure I am getting good contrast.
  • theaneurin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea from the screenshot you provided I thought it was the default default settings haha, I used the auto button which got the same results as yours, but I tweaked only the middle slider manually and left the others alone (the results should show up within the links I provided before on some of the images, not all, as I am only using 4 or 5 of them for my portfolio).
  • Demonith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Demonith polycounter lvl 6
    Omg so smooth :'))) <3 but how man :(