Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sketch a day - Floating Islands (Jan)

Hi Everyone, I'm a Lead Evironment Artist at Creative Assembly. Working on Total Wars Campaign map is my principle domain and area, and as such I noticed recently my 2d skill have gone a little downhill from the standards I set myself when I was younger, so I've decided to do sketch a day to get my skills back on track..

I'm very happy to recieve Crit/pointers/help from people so please crit away, at worst that will happen is you]'ll point out somthing I already know is flawed but I appreciate all feedback so fire away :)

I'm only going to post some of the sketch a days here... The rest can be found at my Blog http://tompsketch.blogspot.co.uk/

Here are the first 5 I have selected (well 6 as ones in colour and B and W... :) Hope you guys enjoy, Critique, and join me and see my progress as I rediscover my 2d knowledge.

The first months theme is Floating Islands... Im going to change themes every month.

Edit - Info - All sketches/paintings are under 4 hours and done in Photoshop starting with a plain canvas. I'm trying different things at the moment so workflow for one painting might be totally random compared to the next.

Also this thread was origionally in Sketchbooks but after browsing I realised not many people post there and this is a much better forum for critique and comments.
Jan 12 - Tall Tent Island, floats around the world slowly, lucky childern are picked to visit it by lottery, and those who visit it expereince a Tardis/Narnia type experience where no adventure is the same... 62VH17U.jpg

Jan 14
- Church of the Fire Bat - fire demon worshiping cultist with their volcano top church and cemetrys. The cult sacrifices non beleivers to the Lava while waiting for their Gods return.. sRgzYKl.jpg

Jan 15 - Ancient Temple - built on a sculpted rock, a gateway to the gods and an alter for sacrifice to the dinosaur godsGNfvpFJ.jpg

Jan 17 - Red Barons base.. n3beFFg.jpg

Jan 18 - Industry comes first, If we can't beat the pollution we'll float above it.CfaadeD.jpg
w6WWQEI.jpg