Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Trage

Hi Everyone, I'm a Lead Evironment Artist at Creative Assembly. Working on Total Wars Campaign map is my principle domain and area, and as such I noticed recently my 2d skill have gone a little downhill from the standards I set myself when I was younger, so I've decided to do sketch a day to get my skills back on track..

I'm very happy to recieve Crit/pointers/help from people so please crit away, at worst that will happen is you]'ll point out somthing I already know is flawed but I appreciate all feedback so fire away :)

I'm only going to post some of the sketch a days here... The rest can be found at my Blog http://tompsketch.blogspot.co.uk/

Here are the first 5 I have selected (well 6 as ones in colour and B and W... :) Hope you guys enjoy, Critique, and join me and see my progress as I rediscover my 2d knowledge.

The first months theme is Floating Islands... Im going to change themes every month.

Edit - Info - All sketches/paintings are under 4 hours and done in Photoshop starting with a plain canvas. I'm trying different things at the moment so workflow for one painting might be totally random compared to the next.

Jan 12 - Tall Tent Island, floats around the world slowly, lucky childern are picked to visit it by lottery, and those who visit it expereince a Tardis/Narnia type experience where no adventure is the same... 62VH17U.jpg

Jan 14
- Church of the Fire Bat - fire demon worshiping cultist with their volcano top church and cemetrys. The cult sacrifices non beleivers to the Lava while waiting for their Gods return.. sRgzYKl.jpg

Jan 15 - Ancient Temple - built on a sculpted rock, a gateway to the gods and an alter for sacrifice to the dinosaur godsGNfvpFJ.jpg

Jan 17 - Red Barons base.. n3beFFg.jpg

Jan 18 - Industry comes first, If we can't beat the pollution we'll float above it.CfaadeD.jpg
w6WWQEI.jpg

Replies

• Trage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NOTE - I've moved this thread to the main 2D/3d forum as there seems to be much more activity. And I couldn't work out how to delete or close this thread, so Mods feel free to lock/delete this one..

Thanks Tom