Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi portfolio work

Working on a new portfolio piece, working from Gray Shuko's concept art I've been trying to create assets based off his work in an environment. My focus in school is hard surface modeling and going to try to push this project as far as possible to get my skills to the next level. So what I'd like to ask for is a bit of help on what you think is working and what you feel is not working quite as well.

I know the side wall is not matching up with the concept I am currently working on the side wall. Wires nuts/bolts will be for todays to do list. So any C&C you guys could give me would be great! Thanks in advance.

My Renders -

scifi2.JPG

scifi3.JPG

References -

Gray Shuko's Portfolio works

http://gray-shuko.net/

Reference for the sci-fi assets -

095%20%281%29.jpg

Reference for the door -

214_max.jpg

Replies

• Ron.S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started to work on the side wall adding another pass of details trying to finish with the extra nuts/wires still a long way to the end. If you see anything that catches the eye please let me know thanks!

wall.JPG
  • Kaelin Hinnant
    how the hell did you do those wires? splines? render in viewport? also.. how did you get them there effectively? any snaps to surface options or allign tool? also i love you. looks awesome.
  • Ron.S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been a long while guys, sorry about the delay but here is my small fly-through. C&C are welcome this is my first portfolio piece that I will be adding to later on thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PtTNNU4uio&feature=youtu.be

Wires/breakdowns later today
  • Ron.S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showing off still renders of my assets. C&C again are are always welcomed!

hallway_panel.jpg

Wall%20Panel.jpg

Wall%20Panel_2.jpg

wall%20plates.jpg
  • kman0328
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kman0328 polycounter lvl 8
    Ron,I think it is shaping out to be a very solid portfolio piece. You have created a well designed, and well thought out environment. I like the way you played the different shapes off each other - thinking abstractly as well as functionally. In other words it looks as if the technical components are there for a reason and this is a high tech hallway that actually exists within a ship or space station of some kind.
    If I were to take this just a bit further, I think it could use maybe a few more open panels with exposed wires and inner mechanisms just to add some extra areas of detail (focus). Then to top it off, you could animate those doors opening or closing like we talked about before. I know you're under time constraints, but if you really wanted to spice it up, some particle effects of some kind, such as steam or fog coming out of some vents would be great - then again as a strictly modeling demo, there wouldn't be a great need for effects other than just to really blow people away visually.
    Great job!