Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Seeking partner for 2 man dream team

I am a programmer, and I can code up *anything*. If I haven't done it yet, I can learn to do it quickly. I do desktop programming, embedded programming, mobile programming, and server-side programming. I am gifted in the areas of logic, problem-solving, complex math, and physics. My employer pays me a premium salary (for my age) for the work I do.

All that being said, while my job is very satisfying, it is not often *fun*. I have picked up a hobby of game programming to fill that need. My main problem now is that I am extremely lacking in artistic ability. Sure, I can code up anything, but w/o good art it will look like crap - and therefore not be any fun to make or play.

Now I come to the purpose of my post: I need a partner to fill everything that I cannot do. Ideally I would like to find a person that can do everything in both the 2D and 3D pipelines. I'm not looking for an expert in everything, just someone that can handle everything that I can't do. I'm not even looking for someone with the best quality art, just good enough to make a decent looking game.

I want just a single partner because I am tired of trying to find so many people, and then have to depend on all of them sticking with it. I want a single person that I can depend on - that way everything stays simple.

I should mention that this is only a part-time thing for me. I have a full-time job, a family, and a house. I probably average about 5-8 hours a week on this hobby. Consequently, I need someone that can average about the same amount of time or more, working on w/e we decide to work on.

I know that this is asking a lot, and I likely won't find what I'm looking for in a single person, but I figured it was worth a shot.

EDIT: Meant to mention that I have already released a game that I was paid to make: Squish Squash Squoosh Bugs! This game took me less than a month, working part-time.

Replies