Home General Discussion

WIldman Kickstarter

Replies

• Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    They are canceling the campaign today. Really sad but I hope the news to come will be good!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg/posts/403739
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Bummed to hear that. But it really wasn't looking so good. Progress stopped after the first few days.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Bittersweet, but my fingers are crossed for Gas Powered with the new possibilities!
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Sad news. I wanted to see this project happen.

On the bright side though, he says in the last video that there might be a future for this project yet. Sounds like he got funding elsewhere or something.
  • TaylorMouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TaylorMouse polycounter lvl 10
    Well anyway, you can find some nice looking artwork on the Wildman Wiki :)

http://wild-man.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

T.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Sucks that it isn't going ahead through kickstarter.

Fingers crossed for them!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Cancelled... n/m

There's no hope.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Always so negative blaizer.
  • Adam Curtis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
    He's really vague in the latest update, but at least it sounds kinda positive.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Muzz wrote: »
    Always so negative blaizer.

Yep, i like to be REALISTiC™, i'm not a boy living on a cloud.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    ah nuts!
    Would've really liked to see this game completed
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer wrote: »
    Yep, i like to be REALISTiC™, i'm not a boy living on a cloud.

Unless you are dealing with them personally you have no way of knowing if there is hope or not.

Realism is accepting only what you know and not being either optimistic or pessimistic. Its the stance that you sit in the middle. Which you clearly do not do.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Unless you are dealing with them personally you have no way of knowing if there is hope or not.

Realism is accepting only what you know and not being either optimistic or pessimistic. Its the stance that you sit in the middle. Which you clearly do not do.

Blaizer is a bit of a neggie but it could be forseen, especially when something like wildman would end up just barely going through at the end with the last bit beeing funded by family and friends, they needed more than the 100%.

Kickstarter project needs to give people something they want, not something that you believe they will need, as most will not be inside your head for that much needed pitch.

It's even harder when the closest thing we have to compare with this game is brutal legend.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    eld wrote: »

It's even harder when the closest thing we have to compare with this game is brutal legend.

I liked Brutal Legend :(
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator

I don't need to deal with them, i know several facts/circumstances, and like with stocks, or the weather, is very previsible what will happen.

Muzz, i was seeing this coming like too many studio closings, and more knowing how ended Gas Powered. We don't need to be very clever to know what will happen with some circumstances. We say here: "When it rains, the ground gets wet." Cause and effect man, so prevision.

Furthermore, your philosophy of realism is broken. Too see (to know), does not make anything real. I don't need to see to believe :).

Realism is to accept your idea is not as cool as you thought, and if they didn't reach the goal in a week... there's no hope for them. Sad but true.

For me, is pretty sad to see such talented developers on kickstarter asking for money. This only demonstrates the bad situation of this industry, and it's a reality for too many people.

You can call me negative, neggie, blah blah, but i can say now that if you live on a cloud, don't forget that if you fall... the hit will be brutal.

And i'm not being pesimistic nor optimistic, just only realistic. Being realistic involves seeing/accepting the consequences.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Torch wrote: »
    I liked Brutal Legend :(

So did I, with an exception of the rts elements, wildman seemed to have shared a bit of the same wonderful aesthetic as it.
    ...and more knowing how ended Gas Powered. We don't need to be very clever to know what will happen with some circumstances. We say here: "When it rains, the ground gets wet." Cause and effect man, so prevision.

Obsidian was in the same situation, with only new vegas up to date being that big project they did well, same with the wasteland 2 kickstarter, as well as double fines recent struggling and not such a big success brutal legend.

Had their kickstarters failed you would've been there saying the same things.

Realism is to accept your idea is not as cool as you thought, and if they didn't reach the goal in a week... there's no hope for them. Sad but true.

It's when it doesn't reach out as others have done, doesn't make it less of a good idea.
    For me, is pretty sad to see such talented developers on kickstarter asking for money. This only demonstrates the bad situation of this industry, and it's a reality for too many people.

Kickstarter projects are anything but sad, it's the first time in ages that developers can make games without relying on a publisher, even if they're smaller projects than the triple-a behemoths on consoles.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Just one question, as you may know, too many kickstarter projects reached the money goal, but... how many "studios" finished their project? cough cough. You can find this question in several websites like rock paper shotgun.

BTW, New Vegas has Bethesda as its publisher.

The whole kickstarter thing is: " i have an idea, this one!, Do you want it to be realized? Pay us money!". There are too many crooks that earned fresh money with lame projects, and that's a FACT.

Relying on the consumers, and then do not accomplish the promised is the worse thing i've ever seen in ages. There's a kotaku article about that, and if you google for more, several gaming sites have articles about that issue.

Rather than ask for money on kickstarter, they should have done something like with Warframe. Offer your game with some levels for free, some character classes, and some enemies. Later, add more content with time.

The european press joked about Wildman... "a caveman diablo rpg? no way".
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Just one question, as you may know, too many kickstarter projects reached the money goal, but... how many "studios" finished their project? cough cough. You can find this question in several websites like rock paper shotgun.

It's basically so far been a bunch of rotten eggs and quite a few successful projects, most are still too early to tell.
    I've backed 9 projects and they're all doing healthy, if they're actual good games when they're released is another thing to figure out.

What was your opinion on the ouya kickstarter again?
    BTW, New Vegas has Bethesda as its publisher.

I know, I was pointing out that obsidian has had a trail of misfortunes much like gas powered games, with only new vegas being their big hit, but now have one of the most successful projects on kickstarter.
    The whole kickstarter thing is: " i have an idea, this one!, Do you want it to be realized? Pay us money!". There are too many crooks that earned fresh money with lame projects, and that's a FACT.

That's what we have tinfoil hats for!

There are a ton of honest developers on kickstarter, and a ton of games that would not have existed otherwise, they're well into development and are as it looks they'll be released eventually.
    Relying on the consumers, and then do not accomplish the promised is the worse thing i've ever seen in ages. There's a kotaku article about that, and if you google for more, several gaming sites have articles about that issue.
    Rather than ask for money on kickstarter, they should have done something like with Warframe. Offer your game with some levels for free, some character classes, and some enemies. Later, add more content with time.

It's nearly identical to kickstarter, have rewards, offer the game in one of them,
    except kickstarter demands a certain budget to be reached.
    The european press joked about Wildman... "a caveman diablo rpg? no way".

The setting does not in any way decide the qualities of the game.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer do you realize the arrogance of calling your opinion "realistic"? By doing so you are implying that you think there is no validity to anyone elses argument. It is only realistic from your frame of reference.

the reason why you have a tendency to get under peoples skin is you always talk in absolutes about things that are opinion based. And it is usually a negative opinion. Like digital scanning is not art, saying that kick-starter is terrible, or gas powered games has no hope (despite Chris saying that there is a possible way out of the mess).

You have no way of KNOWING that there is no hope, but you are certainly entitled to the opinion, but just don't talk about it like it is a 100% testable provable reality.
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Well, how do we feel about WarGaming buying GPG?

Crazy turn of events - I'm interested to know what exactly they bought, since there hasn't been tons of staff there for quite a while.
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tottot polycounter lvl 10
    Im excited to see what comes from this, I much rather prefer to see the industry recognize a studios talent and keep them together rather than losing a team that has chemistry.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Glad to see this, curious if it means Wildman is canceled.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suck it Blaizer.

Great news! It's infinitely better than no gas powered games at all!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    haha Muzz. Care for any lemon juice and salt?
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha Muzz. Care for any lemon juice and salt?

With or without tequila?