Home Technical Talk

Mouse: Selection problem.

Hey guys,

So I have been doing some "cgi" pieces recently and since using v-ray and dense poly scenes I have noticed that my mouse is struggling to select things within max and now outside of max.

I would think this was a mouse problem, but its only when max is open that it is having these issues, it feels like a performance problem. However now even working within relatively low poly scenes, it still struggles to select things, its as if the "double click" doesnt register properly, either it deselects itself, or clicks without me wanting to, so things like dragging windows are now impossible, moving the gadget is a pain in the butt :poly127:

The only experience I have had of this issue was when I was on work placement and the machine was running vista and that was dealing with heavy scenes. Although that did tend to blue screen which mine doesnt.

My machine is running 7 64 bit. So anyone else had these sorts of problems before? I hope is nothing terminal :poly122: I have tried resetting max, but that did diddly squat.

Replies