Home General Discussion

Education / Tutorial Website Opinions / Suggestions

egoncalo
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
egoncalo polycounter lvl 17
Hey all!

I've been a member of Polycount since 2006... but I haven't picked up 3D modeling software since about 2007 (and that was 3DSMAX at the time.) I've recently re-enrolled in school and have several Maya courses coming up. I'd like to get ahead of the curve as the 3D world seems to have changed a great deal since when I was in it last. I've been checking out websites with courses, video tutorials, and subscriptions - although most seem dated or not directly related to Maya. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for websites they've found helpful? Is a subscription worth it vs single video? So far I've researched quite a few. Any help would be appreciated. Glad to be back in the community.

Also, I tried to search around for something like this thread and failed - if it's a dupe and something is stickied somewhere... please delete.

Thanks!

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I did a one month subscription for www.3dmotive.com/ and was really pleased with the quality of the tutorials there. They've got some beginner maya videos on there, but I did not watch through em. I watched through everything I was that interested me in that time period though, so it was definitely worth the price.