Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Assets for Edengrad

LlamaRider
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
LlamaRider polycounter lvl 8
Whazzzuupp

Here's my finished stuff I made for our mmo project called Edengrad.
Cowboy Hat
Cowboy_Hat.PNG
Welding mask
maska_spawalnicza_3.PNG
Metal Door
metal_doors.PNG
Pretty old PC
PC_4.PNG
PC_5.PNG

If you are interested you can check our website:
http://edengrad.net/blog/en/

Replies

• LlamaRider
    Offline / Send Message
    LlamaRider polycounter lvl 8
    Ok let's open this thread again with new stuff and skills.
    First thing i want to show is this little dusty and rusty train. I made 3 versions of it, each with different crash damage.
    No damage version
    9g8i.png
    Medium damage version
    itih.png
    Biggest damage version
    yv6q.png
    Next - rocks. Not a big deal but like every game we need A LOT of them so I'm gonna make more soon.
    evjv.png
    Next, little barn with metal roof.
    jt6y.png
    and this is how player's gonna see it
    j04o.png

I know, this isnt AAA stuff but we dont have time, budget, team and engine for this kind of games at the moment.
    The rest of my and my team's stuff you can see in this video.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9zJSK7leL8"]Edengrad - PreAlpha (22 Grudnia 2013) - YouTube[/ame]
    Sorry for Polish, English subtitles soon soo dont worry you dont understand :)
  • Nosslak
    Offline / Send Message
    Nosslak polycounter lvl 12
    The trains material definition is really bad and could be improved a lot. I get that it's an old train but try adding some specularity to the windows, paint and/or bare metal. I'd also try to make the train a bit more interesting with some panels and such as there are way too many flat areas with nothing going on. The best solution is almost always to bake it, but if you need fast results take a look at nDo.

The barn looks pretty good but again the material definition is off due to a lack of spec (mainly the metal roof). The textures are also kind of bland and could really do with being broken up with some vertex blended materials with blend textures (like extra grunge or wear in contact areas). I don't know what engine you're using and you said you were on a budget so that last crit might not be feasible.

The art styles feel very different on the models that you posted and the ones in the video. Yours look fairly realistic (with a severe lack of spec) while the others look kind of stylized/handpainted.
  • ShockInfinite
    I think that the textures for the train are really flat. I think you should a spec map and some more metallic textures to break things up. As it stands right now, it just seems very flat and lifeless.

Just my 2 cents.