Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie survivor hairstylist punkish lady.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
Hi there! It's been a while since my last WIP thread, Christmas vacations, blablabla.

Anyway, I missed working on stuff, and I'm happy the new semester just started, I'll get back to business quick enough!

Anyway, I have an assignment where, basically, we have to do a zombie survivor. I know, way too original, eh. We were given a job pre-apocalypse for our survivors so we could shape them according to what they did before. We were also given a game that we have match our characters to that game's art style.

I got hairstylist. I decided to do a punk-ish lady, imagining she worked in a more underground urban salon and such, and I got Dishonored as the game. Here's a quick sketch:
9132151658246762741162801043772113n.jpg

And here's a paintover of Marion Cotillard's face with a mohawk because I can't draw:
760396Montage.jpg

I noticed that woman in Dishonored are much less caricatured than men, so I sculpted a pretty basic head so far that doesn't have much style or uniqueness. I also probably have a lot of anatomy issues that I don't see so far. It's also obviously still at an early stage, I haven't got any details in, trying to get proportions right first. Hoping to get some advice here!

522251594.jpg

Just a last note. I do not aim to be a character artist at all, I mean to focus much more on my environment assignment. That being said, I really can't stand just rushing an average job so I'm trying to get good and harsh criticism so I can put out something decent at the end. Just... for context sake.

Replies

• Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    I just have a couple of notes related to the zombie survivor bit.. if she's fighting zombies and trying to stay alive, does she have time to shave her head frequently or would there be stubble? I'd also like to see some survival gear on her - a backpack, a bloodied baseball bat, a lighter, dangling kerosene lamp, flashlight on her belt, things like that.
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I did plan some props.

So far I thought about doing a satchel, a blunt weapon, a sharp weapon, some kind of cloth to wipe blood off and something to light her way at night.

But yeah, didn't think about something to make fire, could be good.
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I did a basemesh of what she will be wearing. The proportions bother me to no end, but I based it off this: http://florence.lapalu.free.fr/polycount/Prostitutev2_Full.jpg

I really have to fix them while retaining the 'Dishonored' odd proportions. Anyhow, pictures.

G7mns1U.jpg

i8PM9uT.jpg
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, quite a lot happened the past few weeks, but I managed to retopo the head and start working a bit on what I want the hair to look like. It's still very early, messed around with dynamesh and the snakehook brush to get an overall shape.

The head is still not finished, her lips are creeping me out.

oxGarGp.png

In other news, I actually am leaving school because I landed a job! Still planning on at least doing her head (low poly, texture & all), it's already started so... might as well :P