Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Contrast Clock

Hey Polycounters,

I've been doing 3D for a long time, but this is my first post on the forum.

I'm working on a Steam game called Contrast. The production is pretty busy, and I don;t get a lot of time for custom work, but I've put in some extra hours on my own time to make some custom stuff in the past and I wanted to post some shots of what I'm working on now for critiques.

So, at the moment, I;m working on a grandfather clock for the house of the main Character. Anyways, here's what I have of the model so far. I'll post updates as I get more done.

Thanks.

-The Visor

Replies

• Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
    Do you have any references for the design? It'd help to see them and judge what's working and not. Because right now it's kind of hard to judge anything. It's a clean modeling so far, but nothing to tell how you should improve it and such. :P
  • Geordi's Visor
    Sure, I can post what I'm working off of. I should mention the game is ~1920s Europe. I picked this somewhat simple German clock because the family that it will belong to isn't super well off and i thought it was a bit more modest.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
    Yes, I'm a bit familiar with the game, it looks promising, not enough game explore this time period (even less in Europe).

On a quick glance I'd say that proportions are good. Maybe make the clock a tad taller? It seems taller in the picture. Aside from that, well you probably know about it all but it's missing the small details (hinges on the front and the side), the small 'legs' of the clock would also help.

Anyway, the bulk of it is gonna be texturing, but it should be a nice simple prop!
  • Geordi's Visor
    Glad people have heard of it, that's encouraging! Good call on the height, it does look a little short now that you mention it. I'll be adding more detail as I go so I'll be sure to post more.

Thanks.