Home Contests & Challenges Archives

HMP Contest - astole

astole
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
astole polycounter lvl 6
Looking forward to this contest. Here is the general direction I'm thinking about heading with my character. Any suggestions or critiques are always welcome :).

femalefinal.jpg

Replies

• Hatsya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wonder if she'll be able to move her arms upward with very minimal or no constraint, 'cuz for me, it looked like the "muffler" is tacked on her dress. Please do tell the material of the clothing too
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    I like the Tim Burton-esque proportions of the face. :)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome and good luck!
  • astole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astole polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks Hatsya, it's most likely going to be suede or leather, kinda undecided at the moment and I changed the look a little bit while modeling it. Probably going to be changing from the concept a lot since it was just a rough idea I drew out real quick.

Thanks Elyaradine, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them or not though. I went a little bit of a different route when modeling it, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it so I'll probably keep experimenting with the way it looks till I hit that sweet spot and am happy with it.

Started modeling and sculpting yesterday and this is where I'm at. Any critiques or tips are always appreciated. Thanks for looking :).

femalewip.jpg

Main areas I've been focusing on:

femalewip2.jpg
  • astole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astole polycounter lvl 6
    Changed the design a little cause I wasn't happy with the dress part. Also added some long sleeves, necklace, and boots. Changed the proportions of the face as well and liking it better. Any suggestions, comments, or critiques are always welcome and appreciated :).

bodywip.jpg

facecloseup.jpg
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like her face this way and I think this new cut for her outfit will be fun to animate and to simulate. :)
  • astole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astole polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks Anais. Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying out some cloth simulation for the first time :)
  • astole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astole polycounter lvl 6
    Taking a break from sculpting to try and get a color scheme that I like. Here's what I have so far after a quick block in, but I'm not too happy with it yet. Any suggestions or critiques are very much appreciated :). Thanks for looking!

colorblockin.jpg

facecolor.jpg
  • astole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astole polycounter lvl 6
    After taking a step back and looking at the character again, I noticed it wasn't cohesive at all so I started over fresh with a better idea in my head. She's going to be a hunter in the winter time gathering food for her family with a bow for hunting and traps.

I still have some accessories to add and need to finish up the belt, but this is the direction I'm taking her now. Any comments and critiques are always welcome :).

femalenewcostumeproport.jpg

femalenewcostume.jpg

femalenewcostumeside.jpg

femalenewcostumeback.jpg
  • Dryulya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this version I like more.