Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback Request Level Design Portfolio

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
GreenInferno7 polycounter lvl 5
Hello all polycount community

I am a recent graduate student from a game design college in Montreal and I have decided to pursue level design.

I was just wondering if I can get some feedback on quality, if the website is actually good, tips, and any other advice from level designer and everyone since I would like to dive into the field.

Thank you very much in advance everyone.

Replies

• GreenInferno7
  • PixelSuit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Green, nice work, I especially like your idea behind the 'Phobia' series it certainly shows your thinking outside the box and should be something that stands out. Have you considered showing some of your thought processes on your site? Things like sketches or diagrams showing how your ideas progressed? I'm not a level designer so I could be wrong but I think it would be good to see how you design too, get into your head so to speak.

One bit of advice that I would give to anyone is don't be afraid to apply for and take a QA testing role at a games company. I honestly can't count the amount of people I know who have gotten their break through starting in QA (designers, artists, producers). It a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the industry and more importantly, contacts. This is said through first hand experience, it might have been an exception but out of the testing group I was in there were at least 6 of us who starting working in other fields.

Good luck with the search, I hope you find something soon!
  • GreenInferno7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much PixelSuit, I really appreciate the feedback , I think i will try maybe a bit of that on my portfolio site.
    And I have thought about that but didn't know it would help, maybe I will try QA if possible.
    Thanks a lot again.
  • GreenInferno7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any other feedback is welcomed from anyone.