Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK cave environment

Replies

• Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies guys, I have made some quick basic changes to see if it looks better, they will be worked on more but i just wanted to post it up so you guys can see the difference.

Ivanzu, that convextiy map seems pretty cool, any tips on how I would go about adding one inside of udk?

Here are the current changes though

ZGcOsyj.jpg
  • Chandler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you're definitely on the right track with the color changes. I don't know how much more you want to work on this, but one thing I would point out is that the path could use a bit more definition by using a more dirty/worn texture for it, and making the transition from grass to path a little more obvious.
  • ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    You can use blending options in photoshop or in UDK to add the convexity map since it works like AO map.
  • Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, thanks for the extra feedback guys, I've changed the rocks around, the trees now have much of an autumn feel (very helpful comment on that one, makes it look so much better. and I've worked on the path a bit.

I plan to keep working on defining the path, getting the textures right on the terrain etc.

loads of helpful comments here guys, im probs going to work on this tomorrow as well and then i will call it done, so any other changes you guys think will help improve this please shout them out :)

D9WNy3R.jpg
  • Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, all done I think, here are the final images, Thanks for the help guys

Z3FB4Yi.jpg

m7YGjOQ.jpg

trVw4NZ.jpg

ONzE6Py.jpg

6MseSiH.jpg
  • Mr Significant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Significant polycounter lvl 11
    Better than previous. Maybe the grass has strange color for me in front of the color of trees.

Congrats for completed the enviro.

If you will start new project, please link here, want to see moar of your work, and it's lot of feedback here :D
  • Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Ryper wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for the extra feedback guys, I've changed the rocks around, the trees now have much of an autumn feel (very helpful comment on that one, makes it look so much better. and I've worked on the path a bit.

I plan to keep working on defining the path, getting the textures right on the terrain etc.

loads of helpful comments here guys, im probs going to work on this tomorrow as well and then i will call it done, so any other changes you guys think will help improve this please shout them out :)

D9WNy3R.jpg

Nps on the Tree colour feedback.

Its made such an amazing change to your scene! Nice one man!