Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elven Archer - Sci Fi edition

Sojumekju
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Sojumekju polycounter lvl 5
*Latest Update*
svbrNyk.png

I'm planning to recreate one of my favorite mainstay fantasy characters, the Elven Archer. I am trying to achieve the same sort of ideas and silhouettes of an elven archer with sci fi themes.

This is my concept so far, it was inspired by numerous sources including Starcraft, Halo, Final Fantasy and more.

lwXOa.png

Replies

• Sojumekju
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update paintover concept, working on basemesh and skin suit sculpt at the moment. Let me know what you think of the armor design :) (ankles and feet need work)
    HpZ7i.png
  • Sojumekju
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N38ruxf.png

Blocking out stage, legs and arms still need refinement. It would be great to hear any ideas and criticisms you guys have.
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Awesome concept! I think the face and the legs/feet feel too different from the concept atm though. Torso and back are looking good :)
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah komaokc is on to something about the legs. I would pull back on the details on the legs and have large section of plain plates to let the viewers eye's rest, since they are quite busy at the moment. Plus you have to remember that she is an archer so I would open up the knee and ankle areas so that light armour vibe that you get from archers.

As a side note I would personally drop the helment all together and have her face on display. Good luck bud and I'll be watching.
  • Sojumekju
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Totally agree, the legs, especially the knees are out of place. I'm kind of at a loss right now as what to do with them however I will continue noodling with it.

Also, yeah since the concept I have ditched the head gear. I originally had them in the block out but it looked really awkward and no matter what I tried I couldnt salvage it. Ultimately I think I will go with a more minimalist approach as you suggested.

Also this is the hairstyle I'm kind of leaning towards at the moment, still unsure.

x10twHJ.jpghttp:
  • Sojumekju
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on sculpting the face. Any critique greatly appreciated.
    svbrNyk.png
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    The ear seems a bit high on the side of the face(according to the image just above). Face kind of lacks definition, bone structure.
  • Sojumekju
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah yes, I definitely see that now. I'll continue to try give more character and structure to her cheeks and stuff. Also ears. Thanks for the help. :)